- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg ARP Odyssey Module RV3
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J44907 000000000 J44907000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Since its debut in 1972, countless musicians have loved the ARP Odyssey. In 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
In every detail, a recreation of the ARP Odyssey.
Since its debut in 1972, countless musicians have loved the ARP Odyssey. In 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG resurrected the ARP ODYSSEY with a complete reproduction of the ARP ODYSSEY’s original circuitry. The ARP sound was once again back in the hands of today's musicians.
Now, KORG has further broadened the reach of the ARP ODYSSEY in today's world by releasing two new models, each of which pay homage to the Odyssey’s historic role in the development of amplified music. This is includes the best-known Rev3 design with its characteristic black panel and orange silk-screening that recalls the third iteration of the ARP ODYSSEY. The unique shape of the slider grips, their smooth operating feel and the layout of the switches all perfectly reproduce the layout of the original despite the compact module design.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a keyboard-less ARP ODYSSEY with analog synthesis circuitry that completely reproduces the sound of the original. To fit in today's DAW-centric music production environments, Korg supplies it in a more compact module form and equips it with a number of essential design features. The real ARP sound that transcends history is once again available to the world.
By adding the ARP ODYSSEY Module to a setup, DAW users can enhance their production environment with powerful analog sound that cannot be obtained from any plug-in. You can connect the ARP ODYSSEY Module via MIDI to your favorite keyboard and play it to your heart's content. In addition, the ARP ODYSSEY Module newly supports MIDI pitch bend.
The ARP ODYSSEY is known best for its sharp and biting tone, and the rich possibilities of modulation that allow an incredible variety of sounds. The ARP ODYSSEY Module is equipped with the very same circuitry as the ARP ODYSSEY, which itself is a perfect replica of the original unit, developed under the supervision of the ARP Instruments company's co-founder David Friend. Its module-type design invites the user into an even deeper world of sound design.
- 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
- The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP ODYSSEY was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced.
- Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz--2 kHz.
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled.
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample & hold.
- The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator as a source that's triggered by the LFO or keyboard.
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
- A wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter.
- A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities.
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
- VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator.
- The original PPC (Proportional Pitch Control) based on a rubber pad has been reproduced. Press the rubber pad with your finger to control pitch bend or vibrato depth in proportion to the pressure.
- A portamento slider and transpose switch are provided. You can also use a switch to select either of the ways in which Rev1 and Rev2/3 of the original ARP Odyssey differ as to whether portamento is applied the moment that you operate the transpose lever.
- Two types of audio output jack are provided: 1/4" phone and XLR.
- External audio input jack is provided, allowing you to process sound from an external device.
- Headphone jack with adjustable volume is provided. By connecting the headphone jack to the external audio input jack, you can apply self-feedback to generate powerful sounds.
- CV, GATE, and TRIG jacks are provided, letting you send or receive analog signals to operate the instrument. If you connect the GATE OUT jack to the TRIG IN jack, the EG will not be triggered, allowing you to play legato.
- Both 1/4" size and mini-size patch cables are included.
- MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI port are provided, allowing connection to a PC or MIDI device.
Legendary sound that connects the past with the present, reborn as an analog synthesizer module. Order this direct ARP Odyssey replica today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.