- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg KROSS 2 88-Key Synthesizer Workstation
- Write a Review
- K40855 000001000 K40855000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as u...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A state-of-the-art platform with ever greater functionality.
KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as ultra-lightweight, compact, and capable of running on batteries, this new model dramatically enhances KROSS’s sounds and functionality. In addition to a total of more than a thousand preset sounds, expansion PCM memory has been newly added. Also new is a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality. The color scheme is even more stylish, and the user interface allows intuitive operation even by beginners. Effortlessly select the sound that you want to play, shape it to match your imagination, sample a sound, create phrases and rhythms, record your vocal or guitar, bring KROSS 2 on stage, and perform. Whatever you artistic vision, you can make it happen. KROSS 2 is a versatile synthesizer platform made with creative freedom in mind.
A Rich Variety of More Than 1,000 Preset Sounds
The sound quality of KORG synthesizers is endorsed by top-ranking musicians around the world. The evolved KROSS 2 expands polyphony from 80 to 120 voices, and dramatically powers-up the number of internal programs from 809 to 1,075 programs. Including multi-layered pianos and electric pianos, thick strings and other new sounds that will work well with any band, as well as the latest drum kits to cover current styles such as EDM. The wide selection of programs covers your needs from live performance to studio production.
Built-In Expansion PCM Memory, and Support for Optional Libraries
The KROSS 2 now provides 128 MB of built-in expansion PCM memory. By selecting from optional libraries that will be released following KROSS 2, you can expand KROSS 2’s internal sounds to meet the needs of your performing style or situation.
The Rich Expressive Power of the EDS-I Sound Engine
The high-quality EDS-i Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated sound engine is inherited from KORG’s professional synthesizers. You can use a total of seven effects units simultaneously: five insert and two master. Rich expressive power is available from the selection of 134 high-quality effects, including standard effects such as delay and reverb as well as amp modeling, vintage effect units, and even a vocoder.
Superb Sampling Function and a Pad Sampler
As a first in its class, the KROSS 2 is newly equipped with a unique sampling function that provides 16 playable pads. You can record the input from the LINE IN jack and assign a stereo sample of up to 14 seconds to each pad. Up to four pads can be triggered simultaneously. You can edit the sample waveform using functions such as start/end loop point settings and normalize, and even resample within the KROSS 2, allowing you to perform extensive sampling without requiring any additional equipment. Long audio files from an SD card can also be assigned to these pads.
Straightforward Access to the Sounds and Functions You Need
It's easy to get around on KROSS 2, thanks to a user-friendly layout. The panel of the KROSS 2 has been further improved since the first KROSS, ensuring that anyone can quickly access desired sounds and functions from the enormous range of choices.
Realtime control section
The new realtime control section lets you directly control KROSS 2’s main parameters without having to navigate through a menu hierarchy. In addition to realtime control of the sounds and effects, and simple editing of programs, you can use the knobs to easily control the vocoder settings or adjust the tempo of the arpeggiator and sequencer.
The favorite function lets you register frequently-used programs and combinations and recall them at a single touch, and has even been expanded to allow 128 favorite locations, twice the number of the first generation of KROSS. This function is ideal for live players that need quick access to a specialized set of sounds on stage.
The layer/split function, which lets you layer two sounds or assign separate sounds to the left and right regions of the keyboard, is now easier to set up, thanks to a dedicated quick layer/split button.
A category dial is provided, allowing you to immediately find the sounds you're looking for amid the vast range of choices. Just choose the general type of sound, such as piano or organ, and then make your selection quickly and efficiently.
Ultra-Lightweight and Compact Body, with Support for Battery Operation
The amazing mobility of the KROSS series is better than ever. The 61-key model features a new and stylish design, and its weight has been further reduced from the 4.3 kg of the previous model to an even more lightweight 3.8 kg. Additional improvements in power efficiency allow up to seven hours of battery-powered operation from six AA batteries. The 88-key model newly provides an accessory compartment that can hold spare batteries or cables, as well as an easily accessible front-located battery panel. On both models, the rear panel KORG logo is fully illuminated, letting you stand out on stage.
The Ultimate Body Finish That Exceeds Its Class
The evolved KROSS 2 also features high quality in its body finish. First, the 88-key model uses a stylish and cool “dark blue” color. The 61-key model uses a “super matte black” color with a high-quality rubberized finish that is durable and feels great to the touch. Lavish use of this sophisticated rubberized finish gives the instrument a highly professional appearance. The 61-key model is additionally available in a limited-edition “red marbled” color. The special marbled red finish is unique and different on each KROSS 2 unit.
Audio Player/Recorder That You Can Easily Trigger from the Pads
The built-in stereo audio recorder lets you record your KROSS 2 performance, or overdub an external input source such as vocals. There's also a pad audio play function that allows recorded sounds or audio files imported from an external source to be assigned to each of the 16 pads for playback. Unlike the sampling function, this allows extended recording and playback that is limited only by the capacity of the SD card; you can strike a pad to play back the backing of an entire song while you perform on the keyboard, or use the pads to trigger sound effects or background music.
- A rich selection of more than 1,000 powered-up presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in, and option libraries are supported
- The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, and a rich selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality and 16 sampler pads
- A panel layout that lets you access functions without confusion
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favorite function lets you register and instantly recall up to 128 frequently-used sounds
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Ultra-lightweight compact body; the 61-key model weighs only 3.8 kg, the lightest in its class
- Long operating life, with six AA batteries allowing up to seven hours of use
- A color lineup with a peerless finish that exceeds its class
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily triggered by the pads
- Sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator to support your song production
- A rich array of input jacks for singer-instrumentalists or vocoder performance without requiring additional equipment
- Also functions as a USB audio interface
A state-of-the-art platform with ever greater functionality, order KROSS 2 today!
- Number of keys: 88 Key
- Action: Hammer action
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity Sensitive
- Key Type: Piano-style
- Number of songs: Up to 128
- Polyphony (max): 120-note
- Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- AUX input: No
- MIDI connectivity: In/Out
- Line output: L/MONO, R
- Line input: Yes
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone jacks: 1
- Pedal inputs: 3
- Storage type: SD Card
- Expandability available: Yes
- Recording/Playback Yes
- Accompaniment styles: 240
- Preset songs: 128
- Display: Not specified
- Effects: Yes
- Built-in speakers: Not specified
- Pitch bend/Modulation: Both
- Other controls: Not applicable
- Width: 57 in.
- Height: 5.4 in.
- Depth: 15 in.
- Weight: 27 lb.
- Power adapter: Included
- Batteries: 6 x AA
- Stand or bench included: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.