- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg KROSS Platinum 88 Keyboard Workstation
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J11486 000000000 J11486000000000
Designed to replace the popular and powerful Korg X50, the Korg KROSS 88 is an 88-key weighted key instrument with a powerful onboard sequencer, a wi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Limited edition KROSS.
Designed to replace the popular and powerful Korg X50, the Korg KROSS 88 is an 88-key weighted key instrument with a powerful onboard sequencer, a wide array of practical sounds and a variety of connectivity. This particular model is a limited run of the KROSS 88 offered in a stunning platinum finish.
A lightweight body that runs on AA alkaline batteries
In spite of being packed with functionality, the KROSS is lightweight and highly portable. The 88-key model packs a piano-touch hammer action keyboard into a mere 27.3 lbs. It is highly portable and lightweight, and can operate on an AC adapter or on six AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries.
A wide variety of sounds
Because of its portability, the KROSS will be used in a wide range of situations, and that's why it provides a broad variety of sounds that surpasses even the flagship models of the previous generation. The PCM data is approximately twice as large as preceding models such as the X50 and the PS60. Staples such as the frequently-used rock/jazz organ, strings, brass, and synth sounds have been brushed up. There are also instruments such as toy piano, accordion, combo organ, church organ, and even vintage instruments such as a tape sampler, as well as bell-type sounds and the sounds you need for cutting-edge dance music and electronica - unique sounds that have not been included in a synth of this class. Our design goal has been to make KROSS the only instrument you need.
Sound Selector makes it easy to find the sound you're looking for
While the KROSS provides an extremely broad range of sounds, there are two dedicated dials that let you easily find the sound you need. First use the category dial to choose the broad category such as piano, electric piano, organ, bell, synths, basses, or strings. Then turn the select dial to find the sound you want. It's a quick way to focus on selecting the needed sounds without being distracted by sounds of another type.
Favorites function lets you register 64 selected sounds or audio songs for one-touch access
Sounds that you've created or that you use frequently can be registered to four banks of 16 buttons, giving you a total of 64 sounds that can be recalled at a single touch. This is a real convenience during live performances or song production. You can also register audio songs and recall them along with sounds.
Pro-quality EDS-i sound engine is built-in
The EDS-i sound engine is a high-quality sound engine distilled from the EDS/EDS-X sound engines found on Korg's most advanced instruments. It allows you to use a total of seven effects simultaneously: five insert effects and two master effects. Ranging from standards such as delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, and rotary speaker, and also including amp modeling powered by Korg's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology, and even a robot voice vocoder, you can choose from 134 different high-quality effects.
Quick Layer/Split function
Dedicated buttons are provided for Layer/Split settings. Start by selecting the first program you want to use; then press the dedicated button to enable Layer or Split. When this is on, a screen will appear in which you can choose the other sound and specify details such as the split point. Then simply write your settings and the layer/split sound will be saved as a Combination.
Stereo audio recorder allows you to overdub your performances and vocals
The built-in stereo audio recorder can record not only the performance of the KROSS itself, but also the sound of a mic or external input. You can play backing tracks that you created, or overdub onto them to create songs and demos. Audio can be imported and exported as WAV files using an SD card (separately sold), making it easy to exchange material with your computer.
- Stylish and distinctive red and black two-tone color design
- The lightweight body is only 27.3 lbs
- Can be powered by 6x AA batteries
- Piano, electric piano, and drum sounds that exceed its class
- A wide variety of sounds that utilize twice as much PCM memory as previous instruments, and meet the needs of a broad range of musical styles
- Sound Selector makes it easy to find the sound you're looking for
- Favorites function lets you register 64 selected sounds or audio songs for one-touch access - a great feature for live performances
- Pro-quality EDS-i sound engine built-in, with a total of seven effects available for simultaneous use
- External input jacks allow a mic or external audio source to be directly connected.
- Quick Layer/Split function for on-the-fly versatility
- Stereo audio recorder allows you to record and overdub your performances and vocals
- 16-Track MIDI sequencer, a drum track, and an arpeggiator
- Connects to your computer via USB for plug-in integration with your favorite DAW
- Sustain pedal sold separately
Take the power of KORG with you on the road. Order the KROSS today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.