- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg MS2000 Synthesizer
- Write a Review
- Product 702406
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The tone generator of the MS2000 uses a DSP-powered analog modeling system. The analog modeling system acclaimed on the KORG Prophecy, Z1, and Electr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Unparalleled analog modeling power
The tone generator of the MS2000 uses a DSP-powered analog modeling system. The analog modeling system acclaimed on the KORG Prophecy, Z1, and Electribe series has been refined to produce an incredibly wide range of sounds. From sharply cutting to powerful and thick, all the awesome sonic power that can be produced only by DSP technology is packed into a compact keyboard or module. All major sound parameters are arranged on the front panel, allowing you the total freedom of manipulating knobs and switches in real time.
Powerfully awesome waveforms
The oscillator section consists of two oscillators and a noise generator. Oscillator 1 lets you select from eight oscillator algorithms, including basic analog synthesizer waveforms such as sawtooth and pulse waves, to unique selections like VoxWaves and 64 DWGS (Digital Waveform Generator System) waveforms first featured on the Korg DW-6000. Each waveform can be modified by applying a suitable type of WFM (Waveform Modulation) for an even wider timbral selection and movement.
Oscillator 2 lets you select from three types of waveforms. In addition to detuning Oscillator 2 relative to Oscillator 1, you can also use it to apply sync or ring modulation to generate complex sounds. The audio input jacks allow external sound sources to be used in the same way as the internal oscillators, and even processed by the internal filters, etc.
The EG (Envelope Generator) that applies time-variant change to sound parameters uses a familiar four-parameter ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) configuration. The LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) used to apply cyclic change to sound parameters allows you to choose from four types of waveform. Two EG's and two LFO's are provided for each timbre.
The MS2000/MS2000R provides four types of filter: two types of low pass filter (-12/-24 dB), band pass filter, and high pass filter. Resonance is provided, and can be adjusted into self-oscillation. The effect section provides a modulation effect (three types), a delay with three selectable types, and an equalizer. In addition to volume and pan controls, the amp section provides a Distortion on/off setting so that even soft sounds can be transformed into aggressive solo parts.
Virtual Patch function allows wildly creative possibilities
The MS2000/MS2000R provides a "Virtual Patch" function that simulates the patching capabilities of the legendary KORG PS series and MS series synthesizers. Not only EG and LFO, but even velocity or keyboard tracking can be used as modulation sources to affect parameters such as pitch, noise level, and pan.
Mod Sequence function generates dramatic tonal changes
The Mod Sequence function applies time-variant change to sound parameters in a way similar to varying the control voltage on an analog synthesizer of the past. In addition to the 28 parameters on the front panel, you can apply time-variant change to the pitch or step length and adjust it in real time.
Back to the future
The MS2000/MS2000R is dressed in a retro teal blue body with rosewood side panes and is packed with other great features of the past, like a powerful built-in 16-band vocoder and an arpeggiator with six types of arpeggio patterns. The arpeggiator, Mod Sequencer and LFO's all sync to MIDI for ultra-cool rhythmic effects. Both models allow the panel to be tilted for excellent visibility and easy operation.
- Sound Generation Method:
- Analog Modeling Synthesis System-Synthesizer Program Multi Timbral = 2 (max., Split/Dual Mode) Voices = 4 voices Sound Source = 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator, EG x 2, LFO x 2, Virtual Patch x 4, MOD Sequence 16 steps (max.) x 3 -Vocoder Program Voices = 4 voices Sound Source = 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator, EG x 2, LFO x 2, 16 Channels vocoder, level and pan of each channel can be edited, Formant Shift function
- Modulation effects (3 types), Delay (3 types), Equalizer
- 6 types
- AUDIO IN 1, 2, Level switch LINE / MIC, [AUDIO IN 1, 2(LINE)]Input impedance = 39 k-ohms, Maximum output level = -3.5 dBu (Audio In knob maximum), [AUDIO IN 2(MIC)] Input impedance = 22 k-ohms, Maximum output level = -33 dBu (Audio In knob maximum), Input source impedance = 600 ohms
- L/MONO, R, Output impedance = 1.1k-ohms (MONO = 550 ohms), Maximum output level = +6.5 dBu, Load impedance = 100k-ohms, Headphones, Output impedance = 10 ohms, Maximum output level = 35 mW, Load impedance = 33 ohms
- Control Inputs:
- Assignable Pedal, Assignable Switch
- IN, OUT, THRU o Display : 16 charactors x 2 lines with backlight
- Power Supply:
- DC 9V (AC adapter)
- Power Consumption:
- MS2000 = 737.8(W) x 371.3(D) x 147.7(H)mm / 29.0"(W) x 14.6"(D) x 5.8"(H), MS2000R = 482.0(W) x 233.2(D) x 87.1(H)mm / 19.0"(W) x 9.2"(D) x 3.4"(H) 4U rack-mountable
- 7.1kg/15.6 lbs
- AC adapter (DC 9V, 600mA)
- 44 notes