- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kurzweil PC3A7 76 Key Workstation
- Product J20685
In designing the PC3A7 workstation keyboard, Kurzweil drew upon its deep history of innovation and borrowed from several of their most impressive rec...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A workstation keyboard that excels in all of the critical areas.
In designing the PC3A7 workstation keyboard, Kurzweil drew upon its deep history of innovation and borrowed from several of their most impressive recent products, notably the PC3, the Artis German D Grand Piano and KORE 64. The result is a keyboard with an industry-leading piano sample, a broad selection of each of the most commonly used sounds, a massive collection of specialty sounds, studio-class effects, and much more. Each component of the PC3A7 was reexamined in the context of a workstation keyboard, and adjusted accordingly, all the while integrating the latest in DSP and in manufacturing efficiency. The PC3A7 features 76 keys with semi-weighted-action, velocity and aftertouch.
The most detailed and the most often used of all keyboard sounds, effective emulation of the acoustic grand piano has long been the litmus test of electronic keyboard designs. In checking out a new keyboard, the question is always, "How's the piano?" The way sympathetic strings vibrate and emanate sounds along with the primary key being struck, the complex reaction the piano has to sustain and sustenudo effects, the difference in sound between a closed and an open piano lid, and many more small but influential details all contribute to an overall impression when using a grand piano patch on an electronic keyboard. In the earliest days of digital keyboards, Kurzweil was way ahead of everyone in the development of convincing piano timbres, and they continue to blaze the trail. The German D piano sample is the envy of the industry with its painstakingly accurate and expressive replication of a 9' grand piano, far beyond what you would expect from an affordable workstation or stage piano.
If there is a runner-up to the piano in terms of most complex and sought after keyboard timbres, it would be the organ. Of course, there are many organ players for whom that hierarchy is reversed! The Kurzweil KB3 library of realistic organ timbres is modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs, featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars. From chirpy B3 tones, to shimmering gospel swells, to '60s psychedelia, to cheesy skating rink sounds, all of your favorites are here, and each with a vast selection of preset variations.
Among the best-reviewed and most well-loved sound sets in recent years is Kerzweil's PC3 and PC3K. The KORE64 development project drew heavily on these well-established sound sets and completely redesigned and reimagined them, using the latest in DSP processing and sample storage fficiency. The result is a massive library of all of the sounds you use most including the following:
New samples modeled after the Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster.
Palm muted and sustained articulations playable in a picked or legato style.
Instant-shredder arpeggiator patterns, whammy bar effects, and realistic feedback emulations.
Preset sounds from Rock, Country, Rock-a-Billy, Metal, Funk, and more.
New alto sax, tenor sax, baritone sax, trumpet, and trombone samples.
New programs include solo instruments and custom sections with many combinations of the different instruments.
Articulate with pressure on several new programs.
Sections cover styles from Big Band, Soul, Funk, Latin, R&B, Hip Hop, Rock and more.
Drums from Yamaha, Ludwig, Pearl, DW, Rogers, and Gretsch recorded as full kits.
Full cymbal arrays recorded with Zildjian, Paiste, and Sabian cymbals.
72 new Drum Kits and 62 percussion instruments and templates.
10 times the samples and 30 times the data of the existing PC3/PC3K Drums.
All drum kits have mixer functioning on the sliders to change the level the kick, snare, toms, hats, and percussion independently.
Unsurpassed realism and playability for sampled drums.
Full complement of Electronic and Processed Drum samples.
Scratches, hits and Industrial Sounds.
Wide variety of traditional and processed Percussion sounds.
Effects are as essential a component of workstation keyboards as the sounds themselves. Accurate environmental emulation and sound manipulation is critical to providing pleasing ambience and interesting sonic character to your compositions and arrangements. Kurzweil's stunning complement of award-winning reverbs, delays, choruses, flangers, phasers, distortions, rotary amplifiers and compressors are among the industry's most vast and best-designed effects libraries. Apart from this impressive sound treatment pallet, a global master eq and multiband compressor are built-in.
Whether it is on the gig, in the studio, at rehearsal, or playing for pleasure at home or at a jam session, keyboard control features are an essential element of expressive playing. On the physical controller end, the PC#A series featurs nine Sliders, ten Switches, two Wheels, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input, three Switch Pedal Inputs, two Continuous Control Pedal Input. On the receiving end of controller information, the PC3A offers multi-layers and multi-splits, with up to 16 independent keyboard zones, effects, controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and 16 arpeggiators.
Saving, loading, OS updates and MIDI functionality are all made easy on the PC3A with both on-board USB Host and Device ports.
- Satisying keyboard action
- Stunning piano sound
- Wide complement of sounds and effects
- Expressive control features
- State-of-the-art connectivity
All of the sounds and features your music needs. Order today.
- Keyboard: 76 note semi-weighted-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP8)
- Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel).
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots: Includes KORE 64 and the German D Grand EXP Piano built-in.
- Desktop Editor: Mac and PC platforms
- Factory Presets: 1453 Stunning Factory Presets.
- Factory MIDI Setups: 216 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- File Compatibility:
- Loads from:
- -PC3K: All objects except samples.
- -PC3LE: All objects.
- -K2 Series: The majority of Setups, Programs, and Keymaps (no sample loading; see the manual for details).
- General MIDI: Standard.
- User Memory: 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Sequencer: Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring hundreds of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
- Master FX Section: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
- Riffs: 16 unique "Riff" generators, used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller.
- Analog Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
- Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz modes.
- (externally clockable)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB Computer Port: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3A to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- USB Storage Port: Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via direct-USB or thumb-drive.
- Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet.
- Height: (4.33") (11.00 cm)
- Depth: (13.98") (35.50 cm)
- Length: (47.75") (121.29 cm)
- Weight: (37.35 lb.) (16.94 kg)
- Power: Internal AC power supply.
- Selectable 120/240V AC operation.