Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Modal Electronics Limited SKULPT SE 4-Voice Virtual Analog Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Four oscillators for hands-on control over the sound. Order today.
Three dedicated envelopes for the filter, amp and modulation give excessive control of the dynamics and expression. The available 2 LFOs, one global and one polyphonic can be synced to internal or external tempo.
The polyphonic LFO also syncs to a division of the played notes' fundamental frequency for both brutal and subtle sound modulation.
SKULPT SE supports MPE and offers musicians creative new musical ways to model sounds with your fingertips. Connect your MPE compatible MIDI controller and endeavour next-generation expressive sound articulations only possible with a real instrument like SKULPT SE.
SKULPT SE incorporates a deceptively capable real-time sequencer onboard. It is pretty easy to capture performances, quantize, loop & hold them, and capture four lanes of Animation on the fly— this alone introduces some crazy modulation possibilities and is key to getting to know this synthesizer. This, coupled with the adaptable onboard arpeggiator, chord and transpose functions, open an entire new world for complex and exciting synth sounds.
A built-in distortion (waveshaping overdrive) and delay effects add character and depth to the signal. The distortion delivers interesting overtone textures from subtitle to heavy overdrive. The delay effect injects expressive complexity from short slap-backs, and room-style reverb sounds to long overlaying or psychedelic echoes using the sequencer animation. To create chorusing and other time-based effects, the delay can be modulated. Internal or external sync generate rhythmic interaction with the tempo of a track.
SKULPT SE comes with a comprehensive set of connections to power and control the synth using USB, monitor with headphones or using the dedicated line output, sync with external gear thanks to its full size MIDI in and out or the 3.5 mm sync in or outputs. The Global Tune Setting ensures a perfect integration into mixed setups with other, less accommodating equipment in studio and live applications, like analogue synthesisers or DJ turntables, which tend to be less precise in tuning. Expanding the sound of SKULPTsynth SE is possible by poly chaining up to 4 units for a total of 16 voices and 128 oscillators.
Unlock the full potential of your Modal Electronics instrument with MODALapp, a multi-platform application that’s the central command of your Modal synthesiser ecosystem. Available as a free download from the Modal Electronics website and all mainstream app stores, MODALapp conquers the dividing line between hardware control and screen-based patch editing, preset management and must-have product-specific resources. Unique, full-featured and above all, inspiring—joining the creative revolution and discovering hardware synth editing at its finest has never been easier.
- Four voices virtual-analog
- 32 oscillators, 32 oscillators, 8 per voice, split into 2 WAVE groups Individual waveform morphing for WAVE group
- Available waveforms WAVE 1-Sine-Triangle-Saw-Square–PWM available waveforms WAVE 2-Sine- Triangle-Saw-Square–Noise Multi option Unison/spread to detune the 32 oscillators for massive sounds FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Mixer section for WAVE levels
- Analog-style morphing 2-pole filter with resonance
- Seamless morphing from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- 8-slot modulation matrix with eight sources and 37 destinations
- Real-time sequencer that will record up to 256 notes and up to 4 parameters of animation
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing and sustain controls
- Distortion (waveshapingoverdrive)
- Stereo Delay with modulation, sync to internal and external tempo sources
To model knew sounds and explore new creative frontiers. Order today.
SKULPT SE 4-Voice Virtual Analog Synthesizer Specifications:User Memory
- 128 sound memory locations
- 64 sequence memory locations
- 16-key touch MIDI keyboard
- 14 endless encoders and 13 buttons to access synth parameters for sound programming and real-time tweaks while performing
- Compatible with MPE enabled MIDI controllers for expressive performance articulations Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic play modes available
- 3.5 mm/1/8" TRS dual-mono output
- 3.5 mm/1/8" TRS headphone output
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5mm/1/8" analog clock sync In and Out Class-compliant MIDI over USB connection
- Powered by USB or 6 x AA batteries. USB cable included Editor Software
- Free editor app available for macOS, Windows, IOS, iPadOS and Android
- Lightweight and durable hard plastic enclosure with removable protection lid
- Dimensions: 255 mm x 135 m x 68 mm (10” x 5-1/2” x 3”)
- Weight: 0.53 kg/1.17 lb. (without batteries)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.