Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition with Blue Wheelfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
There's nothing like the real thing, baby!
Features include 3 ultrastable oscillators, dual Moog filters, 4-stage analog envelope generators, flexible modulation buses, and much more.
The signal path starts with a bank of 3 wide-range, high-stability, voltage-controlled oscillators, one noise source, and one audio preamplifier for externally applied audio signals. The sound modifiers are 2 Moog filters and one stereo VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier). Modulation sources are 2 ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release) envelope generators and one multiwaveform LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator). Control devices include a 44-key keyboard with velocity and afterpressure outputs, pitch bend and modulation wheels, a 3-dimensional touch surface, and many control/pedal input jacks.
The Voyager has a hinged, multi-position panel and a solid hardwood cabinet. The power supply accepts any power voltage from 100V to 240V.
If you want THE Moog sound, this is it. Period. This has Bob Moog's legendary synthesizer design expertise in its circuits. It sounds amazing, looks amazing, and feels amazing.
Put a piece of electronic music history into your performances. Order the Voyager today!
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition with Blue Wheel Specifications:
- Oscillators Module
- 3 wide-range, high-stability VCOs (Voltage Controlled Oscillators) with continuously variable waveforms.
- FREQUENCY controls (2) vary the frequencies of Oscillators #2 and #3 over a +/-7 semitone range with respect to Oscillator #1.
- OCTAVE selectors (3) set the frequency ranges of the oscillators in six octave steps.
- WAVE controls (3) provide continuous control over the waveforms of the oscillators, from triangular, to sawtooth, to square, to narrow rectangular.
- 1-2 SYNC switch synchronizes the Oscillator #2 waveform to the frequency of Oscillator #1, for dramatic timbral effects.
- 3-1 FM switch provides linear frequency modulation of Oscillator #1 by Oscillator #3.
- 3 KB CONT switch disconnects Oscillator #3 from control by the keyboard, thereby enabling it to function as a drone.
- 3 FREQ switch lowers the frequency of Oscillator #3 into the sub-audio range, thereby enabling it to function as a low frequency audio or modulating oscillator.
- Mixer Module
- Five-input mixer for combining the audio sources prior to filtering.
- Input Level controls (5) adjust the relative levels of the oscillator, noise, and external audio input signals.
- Input switches (5) enable the player to quickly switch individual audio signals in and out.
- External Level LED enables the player to set the correct external audio signal level.
- Filters Module
- Dual mode filter module includes dual lowpass and highpass-lowpass filtering. Dual lowpass mode consists of 2 Moog lowpass-resonant filters in parallel, one per output channel. Highpass-lowpass mode consists of Moog lowpass filter in series with a highpass filter.
- CUTOFF control sweeps the frequencies of both filters throughout the audio range.
- SPACING control sets the spacing between the frequencies of the two filters, over a +/-3 octave range.
- RESONANCE control adjusts the resonance of both filters, from none (pure lowpass response) to filter oscillation.
- KB CONT AMOUNT control sets how much the filters open and close as the player presses different keys on the keyboard.
- Dual Lowpass/Highpass-Lowpass switch selects between dual lowpass operation and highpass-lowpass operation.
- Envelopes Module
- The Envelopes Module generates two wide-range ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release) envelopes. The Filter Envelope sweeps the filter and is available for modulation shaping. The Volume Envelope shapes the overall volume.
- ATTACK controls (2) determine the attack times of the envelopes.
- DECAY controls (2) determine the decay time constants of the envelopes.
- SUSTAIN controls (2) determine the sustain levels of the envelopes.
- RELEASE controls (2) determine the release time constants of the envelopes.
- AMOUNT TO FILTER control determines how much the filter envelope will open and close the filter, from full negative (inverted envelope) to full positive (non-inverted envelope).
- ENVELOPE GATE SWITCH selects whether the envelopes will be triggered by the keyboard, on, or by an externally-applied gate.
- LFO Module
- Low Frequency Oscillator generates triangular, square, Sample & Hold, and smoothed Sample & Hold waveforms for use as modulating signals.
- RATE control sets the LFO rate over the range 0.2 Hz (one cycle every five seconds) to 50 Hz (fifty times a second).
- SYNC selector selects LFO synchronization source to be from the keyboard gate, external envelope gate, external gate, or off (no synchronization).
- RATE LED provides visual indication of the LFO rate.
- Modulation Buses Module
- Selects the sources, destinations, and shaping signals for the MOD WHEEL bus and the EXT PEDAL/ON bus.
- SOURCE selectors (2) selects the modulation source from the LFO triangle or square waveforms, Oscillator# 3, sample and hold, the external modulation input (MOD2) or noise.
- DESTINATION selectors (2) selects the modulation destination from all the audio oscillators, just Oscillator #2, just Oscillator #3, the filter cutoff frequencies, the oscillator waveforms, or LFO Rate.
- SHAPING selectors (2) selects the key pressure signal, filter envelope, note-on velocity or on to shape the modulation signal on that bus.
- AMOUNT controls (2) sets the overall modulation amount for each bus.
- Output Module
- MASTER VOLUME control sets the overall level of the instrument's audio outputs.
- HEADPHONE VOLUME control sets the overall level of the headphone output.
- HEADPHONES jack: 1/4" tip-ring-sleeve phone jack for regular headphones.
- Glide and Fine Tune Module
- GLIDE varies the speed at which the keyboard voltage changes, from instantaneous to several seconds.
- FINE TUNE adjusts the overall tuning of the instrument.
- V 1.5 Software Capabilities
- Voyager Software developed by Rudi Linhard of Lintronics.
- Rudi is also responsible for the software development of the LAMM (Lintronics Advanced Memorymoog), the LMC (Lintronics MIDI Converter for minimoog and other vintage analog synthesizers), and the Ethervox MIDI theremin.
- Lintronics website is www.lintronics.biz
- FRONT PANEL STORAGE AND RECALL: Except for the Fine Tuning control, the settings of all front panel controls, selectors, and switches are stored in the nonvolatile digital memory. A total of one hundred twenty eight front panel presets may be stored for instant recall.
- TRANSMISSION AND RECEPTION OF KEYBOARD DATA VIA MIDI: Polyphonic note-on and note-off with velocity can be transmitted (Note numbers 53-96). The Voyager responds to note-on (0-127) messages monophonically user definable note priority. The Voyager's Front Panel Controls respond to MIDI CCs.
- UPLOADING AND DOWNLOADING OF BANKS OF SETTINGS VIA MIDI: Program banks may be uploaded and downloaded via MIDI System Exclusive. Individual Presets may also be transferred by this method.
- UPDATING OF OPERATING SOFTWARE VIA MIDI: The instrument’s operating software can be updated via MIDI files (.syx Sysex files) which will be available on Moog Music’s web site in the Support Docs and Software section.
- Player Control Interfaces
- 44 KEY KEYBOARD produces Pitch, Gate, Velocity, and Pressure control outputs.
- WHEELS: Pitch Wheel bends pitch over a range of up to +/-1 octave. Mod wheel controls the gain of the MOD WHEEL bus.
- GLIDE and RELEASE switches provide real-time on-off control over the glide and release functions.
- THREE DIMENSIONALTOUCH SURFACE provides three continuously-variable control signals which are derived from the up-down and left-right position of the player’s finger, and the amount of area with which the player makes contact to the surface.
- Rear Jack Panel
- Listed below:
- Pedal/Control Inputs
- These ten jacks have red nuts. They accept either expression pedals or control voltages, and control the following performance parameters:
- FILTER CUTOFF
- MOD2 - EXTERNAL MODULATION SOURCE
- MOD1 - EXTERNAL CONTROL OF THE PEDAL MOD. BUS
- SAMPLE AND HOLD IN
- ENVELOPES RATE
- LFO RATE
- Accessory Port
- The Accessory port delivers the Control Voltage and gat signals generated inside the Voyager to a standard DB-25 connector. This is designed for use with the VX-351 Voyager CV Expander.
- LFO Sync
- A footswitch or gate applied to this input will reset the LFO waveform to the beginning of its cycle.
- Envelopes Gate
- A footswitch or gate applied to this input will start the envelopes.
- Sample and Hold Gate
- A gate signal applied to this jack will trigger a new sample and hold voltage.
- foot switch plugged into this jack will have the same effect as depressing the corresponding switch on the left-hand controller panel.
- Mixer Ext In
- Plug any instrument-level or line-level audio signal in this jack to combine with the oscillator and noise signals prior to filtering.
- Mix Out/Filter Audio In
- The output of the audio mixer appears here, before being fed to the filter. Normally, the Mixer output is bridged directly to the filter input. If you plug something into this jack, that breaks the normal connection. Using a standard insert cable (1/4" TRS plug to two 1/4" TS plugs) this jack can be used as an effects loop for external processing of the Mix before it goes to the filter.
- Left(Mono) and Right Audio Outputs
- The audio outputs are 1/4 " unbalanced outputs. The two output channels are summed to mono when only the left(mono) output is used.
- 12V Lamp
- The BNC Lamp Socket provides 12VDC for a gooseneck lamp.
- MIDI In, Thru, and Out Connectors
- Standard MIDI connectors for interfacing with other MIDI gear.
- Power Input
- The Voyager's power input accepts a standard power cable. The Voyager works from 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz.
- Dimensions and Weight
- 30 1/2" Wide X 18" Deep X 3" High (when flat) 12" High when fully upright.
- 40 lbs.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.