Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizer$699.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Explore subharmonics and polyrhythms with a 6-tone sound engine and clock generator.
Subharmonicon’s characteristic sound starts with two analog VCOs and four Subharmonic Oscillators for a total of six powerful sound sources. Each subharmonic tone is mathematically derived from one of the two main VCOs, giving the resulting chord shapes a beautifully coherent quality. Onboard quantization lets you dial in perfect intervals every time with selections for multiple tuning systems. Choose from contemporary Equal Temperament settings, the heavenly intervals of Just Intonation, or the unlimited freedom of no quantization at all.
Animating Subharmonicon’s distinctive chord shapes is done through a polyrhythmic pair of 4-Step Sequencers. Each sequencer is clocked by any or all of four Rhythm Generators that output mathematical divisions of the master tempo. Layer multiple Rhythm Generators on top of each other to create complex polyrhythms and discover inspiring new patterns and styles. Delve into Subharmonicon’s dual Envelope Generators, Moog Ladder Filter, and analog VCA to call up dynamic articulations ranging from lush pads and blurred edges to percussive plosives and ritualistic rhythms.
Although no patching is required to start creating, exploring Subharmonicon’s modular patchbay unlocks worlds of possibilities as you make novel connections and plug into new ideas. The 32-point 3.5mm patchbay can be patched into itself, expanding Subharmonicon’s onboard capabilities, or interfaced with Mother-32, DFAM, and other external Eurorack-compatible gear (MIDI Type A adapter included for DIN to 3.5mm MIDI input). Use as a standalone synth with included +12V DC power supply or simply remove the front panel to install into any Eurorack system.
The Moog Subharmonicon is a versatile analog labyrinth of sub-harmonically derived synthesis and polyrhythmic sound, equally suited for losing oneself and simultaneously finding oneself.
Experimental Origins Subharmonicon is inspired by Joseph Schillinger’s mathematical system for musical composition and is influenced by two analog innovations from the 1930s and 1940s: the Mixtur-Trautonium, which employed a series of subharmonic oscillators to generate electronic undertones, and the Rhythmicon (developed by Leon Theremin), an instrument capable of sounding multiple harmonically related polyrhythm generators simultaneously.
The Mixtur-Trautonium created subharmonics by dividing the frequency of its primary oscillator, while the Rhythmicon created polyrhythms that were multiplications of its primary tempo. These concepts of subharmonics and polyrhythms form the historic roots of the Moog Subharmonicon.
The undertone series, or subharmonic series, results from the division of an initial fundamental frequency (f) by successive integer values (unlike the overtone series, which results from integer multiples of the fundamental frequency). Where overtones are found to occur naturally in acoustic sounds, undertones must be produced through more extreme or novel methods, such as electronic circuitry.
Polyrhythms employ multiple rhythms playing at once to create complex, interweaving phrases. In the same way that a subharmonic oscillator divides the fundamental frequency (f) to create a musically related subharmonic, each rhythm generator in Subharmonicon uses an integer value to divide the current tempo value (t) to create a new rhythm.
Order your Subharmonicon analog synth today.
Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizer Specifications:Analog Sound Engine
- Sources: VCO 1, SUB 1, SUB 2 / VCO 2, SUB 1, SUB 2
- Filter: Self-Oscillating Ladder Filter, Low-Pass, 4-Pole (-24 dB/Octave)
- Envelopes: VCA EG (Attack, Decay); VCF EG (Attack, Decay)
- Steps: 4 Steps per Sequencer, selectable Quantization
- Clock: Driven by any and all of the Rhythm Generators
- Rhythm: Derived by dividing the Tempo by an integer value (1-16)
- Clock: 20 BPM to 3,000 BPM (Beats per Minute; 1 Pulse per Quarter-note), MIDI Clock, EXT CLOCK
- Jacks: 32 x 3.5 mm
- Inputs: 17 Input Jacks
- Outputs:15 Output Jacks
- MIDI: 3.5 mm MIDI Input (Type A dongle included)
- Audio: 1⁄4” TRS Headphone or 1⁄4” TS Instrument
- Power: Power supply connection
- Security: Kensington lock slot
- Measurements (inches): 4.2 H x 12.57 W x 5.24 D
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Style: Wall adapter; barrel connection; center-pin positive
- Input: 100 –240VAC; 50 Hz –60 Hz
- Output: +12VDC; 1200mA
- Typical: 4.8 Watts
- Current Draw: 360mA (maximum) from +12VDC (10-pin header)
- Mounting DIMS: 60HP (1” / 26mm Module Depth
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.