- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Nord Lead2x 49-Key Keyboard
- Write a Review
- Product 702628
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Nord has upped the ante with the Nord Lead2x 49-Key Keyboard, a highly anticipated updating of the Lead2. 20-voice polyphony and 4-part multitimbrali...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Lead2 . . . on steroids!
Nord has upped the ante with the Nord Lead2x 49-Key Keyboard, a highly anticipated updating of the Lead2. 20-voice polyphony and 4-part multitimbrality give you the power to create layered sounds, power pads, stunning leads, and booming basses.
Memory now offers 4 x 99 user programs, 100 user performances and 4 x 10 user percussion kits plus 6 x 99 factory programs and 3 x 100 factory performances! And it's patch compatible with the Nord Lead2 so you can transfer sounds directly between the models via MIDI.
Awesome sound is yours with the brand new, crystal clear 24-bit DACs running at 96kHz.
- 20-voice polyphony
- 4 x 99 user programs
- 100 user performances
- 4 x 10 user percussion kits
- 6 x 99 factory programs
- 3 x 100 factory performance
- Patch compatible with the Lead2 for patch transfers via MIDI
- New, 24-bit DAC for awesome sound
- 20 voices
- 4-part multitimbral
- Special features:
- Velocity programming: Each function that is controlled by a knob, can be programmed to be controlled by velocity
- Morphing: Each function that is controlled by a knob can also be controlled by the modulation wheel/pedal to continuously fade between 2 sets of values
- Performance controllers:
- 4-octave velocity-sensitive keyboard
- Octave shift buttons (+/-2 oct.)
- Keyboard Split - 2 sections.
- Wooden pitch stick, designed to change the pitch continuously without any dead spots. It gives you complete control of the pitch and allows you to make true and natural vibrato. The effect increases exponentially as you move it further from the center.
- Modulation Wheel for modulating a number of selectable destinations. Looks great, feels great, works great.
- 1 pedal input for sustain and 1 for expression pedal
- User interface
- 3-digit LED display, 26 knobs, and 27 buttons for program editing
- Oscillator section
- Oscillator 1 generates sine, triangle, sawtooth, or pulse wave with adjustable width. Oscillator 2 generates triangle, sawtooth or pulse (with adjustable width) and can also generate noise with a color control. Oscillator 2 can be hard synced to oscillator 1. Linear deep frequency modulation of Osc 1 from Osc 2. A wide range of new waveforms with a strong formant character is achieved with the syncable noise, where noise can be synced to Osc. 1.
- Filter section
- 12dB 2-pole low pass; 24dB 4 pole low pass, band pass, or high pass, Notch + Lowpass. Cut off, resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity. ADSR envelope. Filter keyboard tracking can be set to full, 2/3, 1/3, or off.
- Amplifier section:
- ADSR envelope, gain control.
- Modulation section:
- LFO 1 generates triangle, saw, pulse, LF filtered noise and random staircase routed to Osc 1+2, Osc 2, filter, pulse-width, and FM amount. LFO 2 produces a triangle waveform, routed to Osc 1 and 2 or amplifier. It also controls the rate for the arpeggiator.
- Range: 1 - 4 octave.
- Modes: up, down, up/down, random.
- Echo can be set between 1 and 8 repeats.
- Modulation envelope (attack, decay) for Osc 2 pitch, FM amount and pulse width.
- Performance section:
- Play mode: Poly, legato, mono, unison mono, unison poly
- Manual mode
- 4 program slots for layering possibilities
- Portamento/Auto portamento
- Percussion kits
- 40 user "analog" percussion kits
- Each percussion kit holds 8 independent sounds configured in 8 zones across the keyboard
- Audio Out
- 4 outputs
- Each slot can have its own output
- Modes: Stereo, mono and multitimbral mode
- Headphones output
- High-resolution, low-noise, 24-bit DACs running at 96kHz.
- MIDI features
- All control knobs and switches for program editing transmit and receive Control Change messages
- System exclusive bulk dumps
- One Program/Performance or all Programs/Performances in a bank
- MIDI clock synchronizing LFO 1 and LFO 2/arpeggiator restart
- Triggering of the filter and amplifier envelopes and velocity control from separate programmable MIDI channel and note numbers
- Fully patch compatible with Nord Lead2/Nord Rack2
Reviewed by 8 customers
Displaying reviews 1-8
Everybody needs one of these! one of the most recognizable synths around thick, fat, crunchy, grainy, goodness! Its downsides are its build quality, very flimsy keys, and I wish it had an LCD screen to navigate. still the BEST.
Oh, where to start. Well, the sound on this thing is pretty amazing. The sound quality is seriously impressive. Sometimes I almost forget it's virtual analog. The build quality is really impressive.The knobs feal very solid and smoothe. They're also slightly rubberized for good grip. The pitch stick and mod wheel are both amazing. The wheel is textured and oh so smoothe. The pitch stick is one of the neatest pitch bender divices I've yet seen. The body is built entirely of sheet metal. Rock solid and not a bit of cheap plastic. Some little things that I like about it are the big beefy power button, the internal power supply, multiple outs, light weight package, and other little things. As I said, they're little things, but it's those little things that add up and make this board something pretty special. And come on! It's designed and built in Sweden!
This synth has EVERYTHING a musician wants/needs to add spice and flavor to a song, dj mix, or remix. Want strings? It's got it. Want acid leads? Plenty to go around. Want the freedom to make the preset sounds unique and mold them to fit your style? It's got it. A dream come true.
This is an amazing piece of equipment. I've owned it for almost a year now and have probably discovered 1/8th of its features. It's great for recording and amazing live-it's an asset to my band.
After owning a Korg Z1, Access Indigo, DX7 and several others, Clavia's Nord Lead 2X has a character no other keyboard can match. They built this baby without any FX because it doesn't NEED any! The raw sounds from this board can't be matched by any other... the sheer sonic power is unprecedented. The Lead's sounds have a resolution and purity I've never heard before. They're so easy to adjust, and so flexible you can't help but be inspired. This keyboard just MAKES me come up with original melodies, in a way I don't get with other boards. Others might have more bells and whistles... but this one's got the most SONG!! To anyone needing an intuitive synth: Nord Lead is the WAY TO GO!!! It's perfectly awesome... can't be imitated.
I dont understand why in my country (Colombia) people have not heard about nord. They are the best keyboards. Their designs are excellent, they have a good page www.clavia.com, they really know how to make sounds the only thing you need is a good ear to make your own sounds rock. I have a rock band (Plasti-k)and I use to carry a korg triton le 88 but with this baby you dont need to carry other keyboards. I hoped it had a screen and piano sounds but with the korg it complements very good or an Electro. If you have a band and want to use some electronic this is a must have keyboard. This swedish people really know how to make keyboards. Thanks Clavia
I wanted to add more color and dimension to my recordings. This synth has in essence about 1000 different sounds which you can tweak, mold or radically alter. The owner's manual is very well written and very informative about what a synth is and how it works. Regarding quality, the keys are a little thin - they're surely not going to break. The only real fault this product has is the power supply cord: the weight of the cord will pull it out right out of the input socket of the unit. The connector slides right out like cards from a black jack shoe. There really is no remedy for this. I will be contacting Nord about this. Besides that, I think it's quite well constructed! Red and black sheet metal- the possibilities are there: The rest comes down to you.
I bought the Lead 2x instead of a Korg... WOW!! This thing has so many presets it's not even funny! Does everything from fat, low-down basses to screaming leads to soft pads to some great organ patches. Wooden pitch stick is smooth and has no "zero zone" in the middle, and the mod wheel is made of stone! I've dropped it, gotten it wet, and gigged with it for a year now and it is still in great shape. Can't say that for my old Korg... Only thing I don't like is having to wait forever to scroll through presets.