- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers LIFEFORMS MIDI3
- Write a Review
- J50374 000000000 J50374000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Midi 3 is Pittburgh Modular’s third generation MIDI to CV converter packed with a robust list of features. It includes a complete set of mono and...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Full-featured MIDI to CV converter.
The Midi 3 is Pittburgh Modular’s third generation MIDI to CV converter packed with a robust list of features. It includes a complete set of mono and duophonic MIDI response modes, assignable CC and dedicated velocity outputs, a feature-rich clock source with tap tempo, midi and external gate clock dividers, and multiple arpeggiator responses. This module is deep.
A MIDI to CV module converts standard midi note messages into the analog control voltages used by modular and other analog synthesizers. This allows the synthesizer to be controlled by a midi keyboard, sequencer, or DAW. The two CV outputs on the Midi 3 can be used to control the pitch of an oscillator, cutoff frequency of a filter, or any other function that requires a control voltage signal. The set of Gate outputs on the Midi 3 can be used to trigger envelope generators or other modules expecting a gate or clock source.
The Midi 3 Module has 3 Distinct Performance Modes:
Monophonic - Monophonic mode works great when using a modular as a single voice synthesizer patch. Channel 2 Gate and CV outputs mirror the outputs of Channel 1. Monophonic mode has several keyboard responses to choose from. Last note priority, low note priority, and high note priority. Each response is available with and without gate retriggering.
Duophonic - The Midi 3 module uses the two sets of Gate and CV outputs to allow two notes to be played simultaneously. The first midi note is sent to Channel 1 Gate and CV outputs and the second is sent to Channel 2 Gate and CV outputs. Duophonic mode has three keyboard response modes to choose from. Unused channel and new note priority, unused channel and low note priority, and split keyboard priority. Duophonic mode is perfect when working with a two voice modular synthesizer patch.
Arpeggiator - The Midi 3 module includes a robust arpeggiator mode with multiple mono and duophonic responses to choose from. Available responses are monophonic response as played, double triggered monophonic response as played, random monophonic response, random monophonic with a random Channel 2 gate, and random duophonic response with dual random gates. The arpeggiator can be clocked using tap tempo, midi clock, or external gate.
The Midi 3 Module has 3 Clock Modes:
Internal Clock - The internal Midi 3 clock utilizes the tap tempo button to modify the rate of the internal clock. The internal clock is used to clock the arpeggiator and is also output to the CLOCK jack.
External Midi Clock - The external midi clock responds to midi start/stop messages and midi tempo from an external midi clock source. The external midi clock is used to clock the arpeggiator and is also output to the CLOCK jack. In external midi clock mode, the tap tempo button cycles through five available clock divisions.
External Gate Clock - The external gate clock responds to gate signals patched into the CLOCK jack. The external gate clock is used to clock the arpeggiator. In external gate clock mode, the tap tempo button cycles through six available clock divisions.
- Assignable Midi Channel - The Midi 3 can be assigned to respond to all channels or any individual midi channel
- Assignable Pitch Bend Range - The range of pitch bend can be set to +/- 2 notes, +/- 5th, +/- 1 octave, +/- 2 octaves
- Control Change Output - CC response of 0-5v
- Assignable Control Change Channel Assign - Assign the midi CC channel the Midi 3 responds to
- Velocity Output - Velocity response of 0-5v based on active note
Deep is a word that ends up in a lot of Pittsburgh Modular's item descriptions. This module is way deep. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.