Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Roland JUNO-X Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The legendary JUNO experience reimagined with the power of Roland’s ZEN-Core synthesis system.
JUNO-X elevates Roland’s legendary synthesizer series into a new era, fusing authentic vintage spirit with modern creative power. Compose and perform with the next-generation JUNO-X engine, historic JUNO-60 and JUNO-106 models, sounds from the XV-5080 and RD pianos, Model Expansions and more. And bring them all together with a familiar hands-on interface. Backed by the immense range of Roland’s ZEN-Core Synthesis System, JUNO-X goes wherever your music lives—past, present or future.
This JUNO-X Model presents a natural evolution of the historic JUNO voice. Create even fatter sounds with an enhanced version of Roland’s famous Super Saw waveform and go deeper with velocity sensitivity, pitch envelope control and more. There’s also a new Chorus III mode to complement the two beloved chorus modes from the original JUNOs.
Introduced in 1982, the JUNO-60 was a landmark instrument that greatly influenced the synth landscape to come. Succeeding the similar JUNO-6, it offered affordable polyphonic synthesis with a stable digitally controlled oscillator (DCO). The JUNO-60’s rich character, player-friendly interface and rock-solid tuning—along with a rich chorus effect and the ability to store sounds in onboard memories—made this synth an instant classic.
In 1984, the JUNO-106 built on the success of its predecessor with more memories and the revolutionary new MIDI interface. It also featured a slightly smoother and cleaner sonic character, and the JUNO-60’s arpeggiator was replaced with a cool polyphonic portamento function. Embraced by an even wider audience, the more affordable JUNO-106 went on to become one of the best-selling synths of all time.
The versatile JUNO-X also includes more onboard Models from the legendary Roland canon and the ability to go even further with Model Expansions and other sound content from Roland Cloud.
XV-5080, RD-Piano and Vocoder
Explore over 900 PCM-based presets from the famous XV-5080 module, from acoustic instruments and vintage synths to drums and world sounds. Play expressive acoustic pianos derived from Roland’s renowned RD stage piano series. Or plug in a mic and use the Vocoder Model with any JUNO-X sound to create expressive ensemble tones, futuristic pads and funky robot voices.
Model Expansions and More
With support for Model Expansions from Roland Cloud, you can transform JUNO-X with the sounds and character of additional Roland instruments both old and new. Load up authentic versions of the JUPITER-8, JD-800, and other classics, or get creative with the newly developed Vocal Designer. Roland Cloud is also home to a growing range of Wave Expansions, Sound Packs, Sample Packs and more to keep the music flowing.
Feel the Music with a Tactile Workflow
A key element of the JUNO’s appeal was a straightforward interface that made it easy to craft inspiring sounds and evolving textures in the heat of the moment. With a familiar panel adorned with responsive controls, JUNO-X invites you to fully immerse in the music and create without limits.
The JUNO-X workflow is direct and intuitive, and everything is right where you need it. High-res sliders deliver analog feel with precise digital control, while dedicated buttons let you call up sounds and functions in a flash. When you need to dive deeper, the informative LCD provides clear navigation through an array of advanced parameters.
Layer It On
Vintage JUNO synths had modest sound capabilities with a single DCO. With JUNO-X, you can layer multiple JUNOs to create all manner of analog-flavored goodness, from massive leads and basses to rich, lush pads. Or stack Model Expansions and the onboard sounds to build dream synths never heard before. Layer up to four tones at once with enough to polyphony to take on any creative venture.
With 256 custom creative spaces called Scenes, you can instantly recall complete JUNO-X setups with a single touch. Store sound parameters for four instrument parts and the dedicated drum part, plus I-Arpeggio settings, effects and more.
Classic and Modern Effects
One of the most-loved JUNO features was a characterful stereo chorus effect that instantly added richness and depth. JUNO-X provides both modes from the originals, plus a third mode with even more fatness and swirl. Better still, you can combine them to create seven different chorus effects for use with any JUNO-X tone.
Along with the JUNO choruses, JUNO-X includes a huge variety of additional effects to color sounds. Independent MFX and EQ are available for different parts, plus drive, delay and reverb. Master EQ and compressor effects are also on tap, along with dedicated vocal effects for the mic input.
Whether you want classic arpeggios or something beyond, JUNO-X delivers. Call up the traditional arpeggiator for a retro vibe. Or journey to the future with I-Arpeggio, which uses intelligent algorithms to infuse your music with naturally evolving note changes and movement. It’s also possible to export I-Arpeggio MIDI performances for further development in any DAW.
With the full-featured JUNO-X Editor software, you can take your creativity further with the large screen on your Mac or Windows computer. Tweak sounds, effects and Scenes in microscopic detail, organize performance setups and much more.
Perform with Confidence
From studio to stage and everywhere in-between, JUNO-X has everything you need to keep the music moving. JUNO-X is built to last, pairing vintage JUNO design elements with light-yet-rugged metal construction that’s ready for the road. It’s also a dream to play, thanks to an expressive 61-note keyboard with aftertouch and Roland’s famous pitch bend/mod lever.
The JUNO-X rear panel is loaded with connectivity for any situation. Balanced and unbalanced audio outputs are available, plus a stereo audio input and MIDI I/O. There’s also a mic input for vocal performing or feeding the onboard Vocoder. USB audio/MIDI support lets you interface with your favorite production software, and you can even back up JUNO-X settings to a flash drive via the USB Memory port.
Harkening back to the lesser-known JUNO-106S, JUNO-X is equipped with a high-quality stereo speaker system for personal sound monitoring. And, with onboard Bluetooth, you can stream and jam along with music from a phone or tablet.
- The legendary JUNO synthesizer experience reimagined with the power of the ZEN-Core Synthesis System
- Newly developed JUNO-X Model with Super Saw oscillator, velocity sensitivity, Chorus III effect and more
- Authentic models of the JUNO-60 and JUNO-106 synths from the 1980s
- Versatile sounds from the XV-5080, RD-series pianos and Roland’s classic vocoder
- User slot for loading Model Expansions such as the JUPITER-8, JD-800, Vocal Designer and others from Roland Cloud
- Fast and intuitive workflow based on Scenes
- Instant sound creation with a hands-on panel inspired by historic JUNO synths
- High-resolution knobs and sliders for precision control
- Traditional arpeggiator and advanced I-Arpeggio driven by intelligent algorithms
- Expressive 61-note keyboard with aftertouch
- Onboard stereo speakers and Bluetooth audio support
- USB audio/MIDI interface and USB Memory port for data backup to a flash drive
- Free JUNO-X Editor software for macOS and Windows
- Browse and load Model Expansions, Sound Packs and more over Wi-Fi via Roland Cloud Connect
- 10 free Sound Packs available from Roland Cloud with purchase
- Included accessories
- Startup guide
- Power cord
Order the Juno-X keyboard synthesizer now.
JUNO-X Synthesizer Specifications:General
- Keyboard: 61 keys (channel aftertouch)
- Sound generator: ZEN-Core, various Model sound generators
- Parts: 5 (4 play parts, 1 rhythm part)
- Preset tones: At least 4,000
- User tones: 256
- Drum kits: At least 90
- Scenes: 256
- Multi-effects: 4 systems, 93 types
- Part EQ: 5 systems
- Reverb: 8 types
- Chorus: 5 types
- Delay: 5 types
- Mic NS/compressor
- Master EQ/compressor
- I-ARPEGGIO (Multi-parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- Arpeggio parts: 5
- Pitch bend/modulation Lever
- Assignable sliders: 2
- Assignable switch: 3
- Version: 4.2
- Profile support: A2DP (audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth low energy)
- Codec: SBC (support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Speaker amplifier power output: Two 4W
- Full range (3.5 x 8 cm): 2
- Tweeter (2 cm): 2
- Headphone jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), stereo 1/4" phone type (rear)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type
- MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4" phone type/XLR type
- AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- HOLD PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port
- USB flash drive (sold separately)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 42-1/4" x 13-1/8" x 4-11/16"
- Weight: 25 lb. 10 oz.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.