- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland SBX-1 Sync Box
- Write a Review
- J16100 000000000 J16100000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The SBX-1 lets computers and electronic instruments communicate and synchronize with each other. It supports a vast array of both analog and digital ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Multi-format sync box for computers and electronic instruments.
The SBX-1 lets computers and electronic instruments communicate and synchronize with each other. It supports a vast array of both analog and digital devices through DIN SYNC, MIDI and USB, and any of these can be the master clock source. You can use the SBX-1 itself as the master sync and control your external devices with its rock-steady internal clock. With hands-on control over timing and groove, and support for CV/GATE, the SBX-1 is far from just an ordinary sync box.
Adventures Through Time
The SBX-1 converts incoming performance information from an external device to both CV (pitch) and GATE (note) signals, so it offers possibilities far beyond what you would expect from a simple sync box. You can use it to play analog or modular synths. You can output the LFOs that you create in the SBX-1 along with performance information, modulate them, and even use them as trigger signals.
You can also add analog and modular devices to your computer-based production environment, or design totally new and innovative live performance setups that combine AIRA gear, such as TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1, with vintage analog or modular synths. The SBX-1 not only bridges worlds-it opens doors to entirely new ones.
Timing is Everything
When it comes to music, timing is fundamental. The SBX-1 keeps everything tight, syncing your analog and digital devices to your computer, or as the master sync source controlling the tempo of all your devices. In addition to the SBX-1s internal clock, you can set the master to MIDI, DIN SYNC, or USB/MIDI. Physical knobs for TEMPO and FINE tempo along with TAP tempo give deep control of the overall groove and let you freely adjust your timing to sync-up with DJs or other performers in a band.
When youve absolutely got to have that swing, the SBX-1s Shuffle function can add variable swing to patterns generated by external sequencers and rhythm machines-even those that are not equipped with a shuffle function, such as TR-808 and TB-303. Choose between 16th and 8th note swing, and correct timing errors with the quick-access, performance-friendly SYNC button.
The SBX-1 comes complete with CV/GATE output jacks so you can control analog and modular synths from your external MIDI device or computer. MIDI notes and CC information from external sources are converted and output as CV/GATE information, and this creates all kinds of creative possibilities.
You can create LFO signals in the SBX-1 that are synced to either the internal clock or tempo from an external source. You can register up to five types (three types with AUX) of different LFO settings and output these as CV signals simultaneously from three channels (CV/BEND/AUX). You can also register up to five types (three types with AUX) of different MIDI notes as trigger settings and output these as GATE signals simultaneously from three channels (CV/GATE/AUX).
- Simultaneous conversion between MIDI, DIN SYNC, and USB/MIDI
- Control external devices with SBX-1 as the master sync source
- Shuffle adds swing to patterns generated on devices without swing, such as TR-808 and TB-303
- CV/GATE jacks introduce enormous creative possibilities
- SYNC button corrects timing errors with a single press
- Output up to three channels of triggers or LFOs with different characteristics
- DIN SYNC supports both Sync24 and Sync48 compatible with a variety of rhythm machines
- Works great with the TR-8 through optimized AUX jack
- Runs on USB bus power or with AC adapter
Sync-up your system today!
- [DIN SYNC IN] Switch (24, 48)
- [DIN SYNC OUT1] Switch (24, 48)
- [DIN SYNC OUT2] Switch (24, 48)
- [TRANSPOSE] Switch (H, M, L)
- [POLARITY] Switch (+, -)
- [BEND] Switch (WHOLE, OCT, LFO)
- [AUX] Switch (1, 2, 3)
- [POWER] Switch
- [CLOCK SOURCE] button (D-SYNC, MIDI, USB, INT)
- [SYNC] button
- [SHUFFLE] button
- [STOP] button
- [PLAY/PAUSE] button
- [TAP] button
- TEMPO] knob
- [FINE] knob
- [D-SYNC] indicator
- [MIDI] indicator
- [USB] indicator
- [INT] indicator
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- DIN SYNC (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- CV jack: Miniature phone type
- GATE jack: Miniature phone type
- BEND jack: Miniature phone type
- AUX jack: Miniature phone type
- AC adaptor or supplied from the computer via USB
- 150 mA (When using an AC adaptor)
- 200 mA (When using USB bus power)
- Owner' manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.