- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland SYS-505 Filter Module
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L21207 000000000 L21207000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Inject the sound of the Roland SH-5’s revered filter section into your modular rig. The Roland SH-5 is one of the most sought after monosynths in his...Click To Read More About This Product
Filter module for Eurorack compatible systems.
Inject the sound of the Roland SH-5’s revered filter section into your modular rig. The Roland SH-5 is one of the most sought after monosynths in history. Its dual architecture was deep and sounded massive. It also happened to have one of the most distinguished filters of any monosynth in history. Combining a multi-mode filter with a band-pass filter, it produced a sound that has propelled it to “favorite filter ever” territory for many. In stark contrast to the traditional Ladder filter design, the SH-5’s filter maintained its bass response with a meaty resonance growl. With the SYS-505, Roland and Malekko have brought this highly-coveted filter, in all its sonic glory, to the Eurorack format. With switchable outputs, built-in VCAs, and CV control of cutoff, resonance, this dual filter gives you two different vintage filter characters in a flexible and compact 16hp module.
Inspired by vintage Roland modular synths of the 1970s, the SYSTEM-500 family not only expands on the SYSTEM-100m-based modules, but also explore fresh territory. Designed in Eurorack format, the SYSTEM-500 delivers the classic character and functionality of vintage Roland modular synths, with all the advantages of a modern instrument. The SYSTEM-500 is made to exacting standards in a collaborative design and production process between Malekko in Portland, USA and Roland in Hamamatsu, Japan.
The SYSTEM-500 consists of Eurorack format modules that you can mix and match in any combination to create the ultimate Roland modular synthesizer. Each module is completely analog and has been designed for maximum compatibility with the world of contemporary synthesizer and effects modules. The SYSTEM-500 is a compact, powerful system that opens vast possibilities for sound design and musical exploration.
- Eurorack compatible filter module
- Flexible and compact 16hp module
- Expand your existing Roland System-500
- Recreation of Roland's SH-5 filter section
- Multi-mode filter and a fixed bandpass filter
- CV inputs for frequency, resonance and VCA
Expand your sound with System-500 modules!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.