- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular 3003 Filter
- Write a Review
- J46973 000000000 J46973000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 3003 filter is a voltage-controlled discrete analog 18 db/oct ladder low-pass filter that features hand-matched transistors. Drop the FREQUENCY k...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
VCF low-pass modular.
The 3003 filter is a voltage-controlled discrete analog 18 db/oct ladder low-pass filter that features hand-matched transistors. Drop the FREQUENCY knob to 0 and things get pretty dull; swing it back up and those "Transistor Bass” highs come crashing through the gate. This is a truly thrilling modular component.
The 3003 filter has the most gentle sonic touch of its partners in the Boomstar collection, but nevertheless is capable of shaping precise, dynamic tones. It ably fulfills its expected niche, driving a harsh, liquid, acid-like bass tone or a softer more rubberry SH-101 voice. It excels out of the bass range and into blistering leads as well, all within easy reach of this warm and versatile VCF.
Three attenuverter and four attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, FREQ CV 1, RESO CV, FREQ CV 2, INPUT and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up
Classic Minimoog FULL and HALF strength filter frequency keyboard/voltage tracking for rounder low end with brilliant highs.
Patch it Up
Seven patch points: 1 V/O, FREQ CV 1, FREQ CV 2, RESO CV, INPUT and 2x OUTPUT direct the deepest manipulation.
- FREQUENCY – Adjusts the frequency, or cut-off of the filter.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the filter. *
- FULL HALF TRACK – Switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverter.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input attenuverter.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input attenuverter.
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- OUTPUT x2 – Audio outputs.
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 37mA, 25mA (+12 / -12)
Order today. Low pass is critical for shaping bass tones and leads.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.