- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular 5089 Filter
- Write a Review
- J46966 000000000 J46966000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 5089 filter is a voltage controlled, discrete analog, 24 db/oct transistor ladder and low-pass filter that features hand-matched transistors. In ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Modular synthesis essential.
The 5089 filter is a voltage controlled, discrete analog, 24 db/oct transistor ladder and low-pass filter that features hand-matched transistors. In its lowest FREQUENCY setting, the ladder low-pass filter removes, or cuts off higher frequency harmonics; its RESONANCE or Q circuit emphasizes those harmonics to the point of giddy self-oscillation, tracking the keyboard in its full setting if seeking an alternative sine wave.
The 5089 has the roundest, slickest tone of all the Boomstar's filters. Go easy on it, and round, creamy buttery flavors wrap the oscillators in an earthy warmth; smash it and a meaty, satisfying overdrive of vintage 1960s and 1970s second‑order harmonic distortion emerges. Every setting is balanced and bountiful. Looking for traditional R ’n B baselines and leads? Focus here on the rich saturation of this benchmark filter and its symmetrical cascades of generation-stretching timbres.
Three attenuverter and four attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, FREQ CV 1, RESO CV, FREQ CV 2, INPUT and OUTPUT.
Switch it Up
Classic Minimoog FULL and HALF strength filter frequency keyboard/voltage tracking for rounder low end with brilliant highs.
Patch it Up
1 V/O, FREQ CV 1, FREQ CV 2, RESO CV, INPUT and 2x OUTPUT.
- FREQUENCY – Adjusts the frequency, or cut-off of the filter.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the filter. *
- FULL HALF TRACK – Switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverter.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input attenuverter.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input attenuverter.
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- OUTPUT x2 – Audio outputs.
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 40mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 40mA, 27mA (+12 / -12)
Gentle or extreme, Boomstar modular can find your sound. order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.