- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular SE88
- Write a Review
- #J46981 000000000 J46981000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The original CS80 fed an HP filter into a LP filter, but with the SE88 you can select MODE 1's HP or BR to feed MODE 2's LP or BP, or patch it to rev...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Boomstar’s version of the famous dual mode CS80 filter.
The original CS80 fed an HP filter into a LP filter, but with the SE88 you can select MODE 1's HP or BR to feed MODE 2's LP or BP, or patch it to reverse that path. The audio signal is completely controllable with input and output levels for each filter. Cherish and respect your filter's input gain stages for a smooth yet often brassy sound, or shed your mercy for boiling, snarling bite, even to the blackout/cutout point; then blend the mode settings for the filter values you ultimately prefer.
To get things modulating, each filter employs attenuverters for frequency and resonance experimentation and decimation. While the SE88 does not self oscillate (Yamaha's creation didn't either), Boomstar did amp up the resonance level for full-throttle squelching. An additional master FM (frequency modulation) attenuverter-controlled level can feed both filters simultaneously, and tracking switches allow for individual keyboard response for each of the contrasting and complementary filter modes.
- FREQUENCY MODE 1 – Adjusts the frequency, or cutoff of Mode 1.
- 2/3 - 1/3 TRACK - Toggles tracking options for Mode 1.
- FM IN - Adjusts the master frequency modulation input.
- FULL - HALF TRACK - Toggles tracking options for Mode 2.
- FREQUENCY MODE 2 - Adjusts the frequency, or cutoff of Mode 2.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of Mode 1's filter.
- M1 FM - Adjusts Mode 1's frequency modulation.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the Mode 2's filter.
- HP / BR - Toggles the High-Pass and Band-Reject option.
- M1 RES CV – Adjusts Mode 1's resonance control voltage.
- M2 RES CV – Adjusts Mode 2's resonance control voltage.
- INPUT – Adjusts the master audio input.
- M2 FM – Adjusts Mode 2's frequency modulation.
- OUTPUT – Adjust the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FM IN – Master frequency modulation input.
- M1 FM – Mode 1 frequency modulation input.
- M2 FM – Mode 2 frequency modulation input.
- M1 RES CV – Mode 1 resonance control voltage input.
- M2 RES CV – Mode 2 resonance control voltage input.
- M1 IN – Mode 1 input.
- LEVEL – Level control for Mode 1.
- M1 OUT – Mode 1 output.
- M2 IN – Mode 2 input.
- LEVEL – Level control for Mode 2.
- M2 OUT – Mode 2 output.
- Size - 20hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 42mA (+12 / -12)
A revisiting of a history-making filter. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.