- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular Shapers
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J46996 000000000 J46996000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
SHAPERS is a dual four stage envelope generator with independently adjustable ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, and RELEASE stages. This Pittsburgh Modular hyb...Click To Read More About This Product
Dual envelope generator for modular system.
SHAPERS is a dual four stage envelope generator with independently adjustable ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, and RELEASE stages. This Pittsburgh Modular hybrid ADSR smooths the shape of the incoming gates and triggers to produce a more expressive instrument. The ADSR output can be used to control the amplitude of an oscillator, the cutoff frequency of a filter or any other function on a module that accepts control voltages.
The functionality of SHAPERS is easy enough: the incoming gate or trigger signal passes through each of the four stages to output an envelope. When the ADSR module receives a gate or trigger signal, the ATTACK determines the amount of time needed for the envelope generator to reach the peak output voltage and move on to the decay stage. DECAY sets the amount of time needed to transition to the level set by the sustain knob. The SUSTAIN level is maintained as long as the incoming gate remains on or high. Once the incoming gate goes low or off, the release stage takes over. The RELEASE knob sets the time needed to close the envelope and return the ADSR output to 0 volts.
Eight attenuation pots control the ATTACK (x2), DECAY (x2), SUSTAIN (x2), RELEASE (x2), delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up
SHORT and LONG range time settings for both ADSRs.
Patch it Up
Five patch points: IN 1, OUT 1, INV 1, IN 2, and OUT 2 connect and direct the deepest manipulation.
- ATTACK (x2) - Adjusts the attack stage.
- DECAY (x2) - Adjusts the decay stage.
- SUSTAIN (x2) - Adjust the sustain stage.
- RELEASE (x2) - Adjusts the release stage.
- SHORT / LONG RANGE 1 - Selects the evelope range for ADSR 1.
- SHORT / LONG RANGE 2 - Selects the evelope range for ADSR 2.
- IN 1 - Control voltage input 1.
- OUT 1 - Control voltage output 1.
- INV 1 - Inverted control voltage output 1.
- IN 2 - Control voltage input 2.
- OUT 2 - Control voltage output 2.
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 16mA, 17mA (+12 / -12)
Manage envelopes with microscopic detail.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.