- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular VCA2
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J46997 000000000 J46997000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Two quality VCAs for audio or CV with level control—advantageous for creating a CV modulation chain: Patch the 1st (controlling) modulator into the C...Click To Read More About This Product
A pair of VCAs in a single panel.
Two quality VCAs for audio or CV with level control—advantageous for creating a CV modulation chain: Patch the 1st (controlling) modulator into the CV input, and the 2nd and 3rd (the controlled) modulators into inputs A and B; the output can then be patched to a modulation destination such as an oscillator or filter frequency.
The same approach is effective for enveloping an LFO, or dynamically modulating an LFO or envelope with key velocity, modwheel, key tracking, etc. One can even escape the highly colored Mini-flavored character of Boomstar’s AMP with this quad op-amp alternative for cleaner, sharper tonality in the near final stages of synthesis.
Originally set at unity gain (along with the MIX4), now units with a January 16 (2016) and greater marking will exceed unity and clip the op-amp, past 3:00 on the dial. Upshot: Fully clockwise the gain is doubled. Distortion of audio and modulation signals never hurt anyone, and add another tool to the box.
LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2.
Eight Patch Points
CV 1, IN 1A, IN 1B, OUT 1; CV 2, IN 2A, IN 2B, OUT 2.
Common Controls and Patch Points
LEVEL – Level/Mix adjustment.
CV – Controlling CV modulation input.
IN A – Controlled Input 1A.
IN B – Controlled Input 1B.
OUT – Output.
Size - 6hp
Depth - 25mm with ribbon cable attached
Power Usage - 5mA, 4mA (+12 / -12)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.