Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Studio Electronics Tonestar 2600true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Leads, basses and general sound module functionality.
26 knobs, 7 switches, and 21 jacks make for complex and satisfying signal flow, color and collisions. If it gets reedy, route the triangle wave around the VCF, and push that Sub.
The VCO is the same as the Oscillation, the Boomstar, and the Omega. It's kind of a combination of Arp®, Oberheim® and Moog® circuits (sort of a greatest hits), time-tested, very stable—very good tracking over a very large range. This module is a TONESTAR—its own thing—and not a 2600 clone attempt; nevertheless, the Tone tugs lovingly at times on the sleeve of the 2600.
It is a single oscillator, 2600 VCF, pre-patched and yet fully modular classic synth voice.. Its primary use would be as a go-to bassline/lead tool, or a premium quality, entry-level, complete synth module, for root-to-leaf sound design, and multiform analog exploration/expression.
26 Knobbed and "Shafted" Potentiometers
VCO: FREQUENCY, PULSE WIDTH, LFO (^), GLIDE, MOD (ADSR), SAW*, SQUARE*, SUB, TUNE; Noise: LEVEL; VCF: FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, TRACK, DRIVE, ADSR, MOD (LFO); LFO: DEPTH (OSC), SPEED; ENVs: (ADSR) ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE, (AR) ATTACK, RELEASE; VCA: FEEDBACK (filter), VOLUME
VCO: OCT (up/down), FREQ/PW, NO VCF; VCF: FREQ/RESO; LFO: TRIANGLE/SQUARE*; ENVs: DRONE, MASTER; VCA: IN/MIX
VCO: TRIANGLE*, SAWTOOTH*, SQUARE*, MIX, 1V/O, MOD IN; NOISE: NOISE (white); LFO: DEPTH, TRIANGLE*, SQUARE*, SPEED; VCF: EXT IN, FIL OUT, MOD IN; ENVs: MOD IN, ADSR OUT, AR OUT, GATE IN; VCA: IN/MIX, VCA IN, OUTPUT
FeaturesAll Controls—arranged in order of signal flow—and Patch Points
- FREQUENCY, PULSE WIDTH, OCT – +1/-1, LFO (^)FREQ/PW, GLIDE,
- TRIANGLE*/NO VCF MOD (ADSR) SAWTOOTH, SQUARE, SUB, TRIANGLE, SAWTOOTH, SQUARE, MIX, 1V/O, TUNE, MOD IN
- NOISE, LEVEL
- FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, TRACK , DRIVE, FREQ
- ADSR – Filter to ADSR envelope attenuator.
- MOD (LFO) – Filter to LFO attenuator.
- EXT IN – External audio input.
- FIL OUT – Filter audio output.
- MOD IN – Frequency or Resonance modulation CV input.
- TRIANGLE/SQUARE, DPTH (OSC), SPEED, DEPTH, TRIANGLE, SQUARE, SPEED
- ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE
- DRONE/MASTER – Indefinite/instant sustain, and master mode for ADSR routing switch. Center off.
- MOD IN –ADSR OUT – ADSR
- AR OUT – AR Output.
- FEEDBACK, VOLUME, VCA/CV, IN/MIX VCA IN, OUTPUT
- PCB Mounting Scheme - Through-hole.
- Filter - Discrete, voltage controlled, 24/db/oct cascaded transconductance low-pass filter, employing six pairs of hand-matched transistors.
- Size - 32hp.
- Depth - 35mm including connectors.
- Power Usage - 130mA, 80mA (+12 / -12)
A great heart of your modular system. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.