Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Yamaha 20" x 14" 8300 Series Field-Corps Marching Bass Drum Red Foresttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Red Forest
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A favorite of competitive marching bands.
All shells in the 8300 Field-Corps Series are maple, and all have a 14" depth. Air hole size and location has been individually optimized for each drum size. Ample power and punchy bass is provided in relatively slim shells that are manageable and mobile.
The 7-ply maple shell provides a precise balance of deep, resonant tones and solid, punchy attack. This shell configuration not only sounds great it has a much lighter carrying weight than its all-hardwood counterparts.
Air-Seal System Shells
All Yamaha bass drums are made using the Air-Seal System which ensures that shells start round and stay round: an in-round shell tunes clearer and provides a pure fundamental tone.
Reinforced Tension Bolts
Specially processed tension bolts provide increased strength that can easily handle high tension tuning. 5.4mm steel tension rods provide easy, consistent tuning without adding unnecessary weight.
45 Degree Bearing Edge
The 45 bearing edge allows each drum to speak clearly creating precise articulation.
Aluminum Die-Cast Lug Design
The light, die-cast aluminum lugs are designed with a unique arch-shaped center. This Yamaha original straight-line design decreases surface to surface contact between the shell and lug permitting the shell to vibrate freely, which in turn results in greater tone production. Lug designs are 26% lighter and 60% stronger than previous models.
9-ply maple round edge hoops constructed with our original Air-Seal System are utilized to deliver the strength necessary for maintaining consistent, uniform tuning.
All 8300 Series Bass Drums come with smooth white REMO PowerMax bass drum heads.
Bass Drum Claw
The claw hook design delivers greater tuning stability. This unique feature reduces the stress on the tuning bolt under high-tension situations. This ensures easy turning when making tuning adjustments. The new wide-body claw hook design also reduces hoop damage, while delivering greater tuning stability.
Sound Impact Strips
Sound Impact Strips eliminate unwanted overtones, promoting a clear tone and making tuning easier.
- Slim, easy to maneuver shells
- Great tone and projection
- Easy, consistent tuning
- Precise articulation
- 9-ply maple hoops
- Ships with quality drum head
Order today and enhance your bass drum presence.
20" x 14" 8300 Series Field-Corps Marching Bass Drum Specifications:
- Shell: 7-Ply Maple
- Hoops: 10-Ply Maple
- Lugs: Aluminum die-cast lug design: 16" and 18" bass drums have 8 lugs; 20" bass drum has 10 lugs; 22" through 32" bass drums have 12 lugs
- Claws: Solid, ribbed design made of steel
- Finish: White wrap finish; Black Forest, Blue Forest and Red Forest stain
- Washers: Double steel washers used on the tension rods
- Heads: Yamaha Remo Power Max
- Drum Key: DK-10
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.