- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Maple Leaf Strings MLS 140 Apprentice Collection Viola Outfit
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J23092 000001000 J23092000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Having the right tool for a proper start is very important, and the most important tool in acquiring facility on a musical instrument is the instrume...Click To Read More About This Product
Highly select woods in a student instrument.
Having the right tool for a proper start is very important, and the most important tool in acquiring facility on a musical instrument is the instrument itself. it must play easily and produce tone without hurting the students fingers, and it must produce a rich and satisfying sound. The challenge is to render such an instrument without it having to be prohibitively expensive. This has been achieved in the MLS 140.
When Maple Leaf Strings selects the aged wood for their student collection, they saved the very finest for the 140 series instruments. The same quality ebony pegs, fingerboard and chin rest, as well as Maple Leaf's legendary hand-applied oil varnish on the model 130 are found, this time with only the best wood, specifically selected for the student that is just starting out on his or her musical journey.
A protective case and a graphite bow complete the package, giving the young violist a premium yet cost effective start.
- Otto tailpiece with four fine tuners
- Parisian-eye end-button and pegs
- Professional quality hand-applied spirit varnish
- Fully hand-carved with seasoned spruce top and flamed curly maple back
- Outfit includes brazilwood bow and case
- Set up with Maple Leaf Strings perlon strings
Order today. Everything a student needs and select woods as a bonus.
- Top: Seasoned Spruce
- Back & Sides: Highly Flamed Maple
- Neck: Well seasoned curly maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fittings: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Otto Composite with four fine tuners
- Chin Rest: Guarneri style ebony
- Bridge: High quality Maple Leaf Strings maple bridge
- Purfling: Hand inlaid ebony
- Strings: D™Addario Prelude
- Finish: Hand applied Oil Varnish
- Bow: Maple Leaf Strings brazilwood bow with horse hair
- Case: Violin and Viola Plywood construction oblong suspension case
- Sizes: Viola 15-16.5"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.