Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Yamaha YEV105 Series Electric Violin in Natural Finishtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Yamaha YEV105 Series Electric Violin in Natural Finish$665.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Five-string electric violin with wood construction.
Inspired by craft and design elements of Yamaha acoustic guitars, Yamaha set out to design a new kind of electric violin made primarily from wooden materials. This instrument takes a design cue from both violin and acoustic guitar shapes, creating a beautiful yet amazingly lightweight instrument made with six different woods. These wood materials are carefully crafted with an airy infinity loop-like design, representing the dimensions of acoustic space. It is as stunning visually as it is fun to play. Using a unique Yamaha bridge pickup that carries over from professional Yamaha Silent Violins, this instrument delivers a smooth, organic and warm tone. The design incorporates a simple ¼” input to match the clean and natural aesthetic of this innovative electric violin. It is a five-string instrument, allowing you to cover both violin and some viola repertoire.
Möbius strip-like shape provides continuity between front and back. Three-dimensional form is designed to appeal to the audience when performing live.
The lightweight design, natural touch points and curves allow the player to effortlessly move between the YEV and a standard acoustic violin. The instrument’s shape allows for most standard shoulder, chin rests and tailpieces.
Achieves a beautiful, smooth, organic sound aided by the natural resonance of the wood.
Maple, mahogany and spruce body produces a rich, strong tone as the bow grips the string.
Walnut frame brings an ideal blend of flexibility and strength in a 5-layer wood design that is not only striking, but also contributes to natural resonance vibration when played with a bow.
Professional-grade bridge pickup carried over from the Silent Violin Pro series design. While effectively picking up the sound of the entire instrument, it also captures the instrument’s attack and the players’ expressive bowing nuances.
On-board volume control bypass selects direct output of the pickup signal, or output via the instrument’s volume control. Direct output delivers the instrument’s full sonic potential, with rich lows and punchy impact.
- Width: 8” (204mm)
- Height: 23.9” (607mm)
- Depth: 4.72” (120mm)
- Weight” 20.5 oz. (580 g)
- Size: 4/4
- Body: Spruce/Mahogany/Maple
- Side/Frame: Walnut
- Neck: Maple
- Finger Board: Rosewood
- Bridge: Maple with built-in Piezo-electric Pickup
- Tuning Pegs: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Synthetic Resin (equipped with fine tuners)
- Chin Rest: Ebony
- Strings: D’Addario Zyex (D’Addario Helicore on C-string)
- Design/Architecture Detail
- Pick Up System: Bridge w/ Built-in Piezo-electric Pickup
- Controls: Volume Control, Selector Switch
An instrument that plays comfortably for an acoustic violinist with rich, satisfying amplified tone. Order soon.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.