- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
A Designs 16 channel stereo summing mixer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J73458 000000000 J73458000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MIX FACTORY is a concept developed by Tony Shepperd (known for his high-quality recordings ranging from Gospel, R&B to Rock), designed by Pau...Click To Read More About This Product
An elegantly designed and meticulously built summing mixer.
The MIX FACTORY is a concept developed by Tony Shepperd (known for his high-quality recordings ranging from Gospel, R&B to Rock), designed by Paul Wolff (one of the top designers in the audio industry), and manufactured by A Designs Audio, Inc.
The MIX FACTORY features 16 channels (2 D-sub inputs summing to a stereo XLR out). All 16 channels have a continuous Gain Knob, Pan (with center detent), and a Mute Button that additionally behaves as a signal indicator with an audio-sensitive LED (the LED glows when signal is passing into the channel and intensifies when the signal is stronger). The Mute Button changes to Red when used as a mute, and to Green when signal is passing through the channel.
There are two Eight-Channel groups: 1-8 and 9-16. Each group has an Insert for a Compressor or EQ, and there is also a Master Insert for all 16 Channels, along with three Mute buttons for each Insert. The MIX FACTORY also has a push-button option to go from clean (a standard setup that bypasses the transformers) to tonal, which uses the custom-made output transformers made by Cinemag.
The difference between transformers and no transformers gives you an option for analog tone and/or color. And, the MIX FACTORY is also linkable; this means you can have 32, 64 or more channels. It’s like having an entire console in a Rack. A hefty switchable Power Supply, which can be used for domestic (US) 120v and export 230v, powers the MIX FACTORY, and ensures silent, reliable operation anywhere in the world.
- Custom-milled aluminum knobs
- Custom output transformers
- 16 Gain controls
- 2 Master gain controls 1-8 and 9-16
- 1 Grand master gain control
- 16 Pan controls
- Master Insert
- 1-8 Insert
- 9-16 Insert
- 16 Mute Switches
- Transformer In/Out Switch
- Linking XLRs for more channels
A mix image that truly stands out.
- Gain Range Total: Unity Gain to full Attenuation
- Gain Range for 1-16: Unity Gain
- Max Input: +27dBu
- Balanced XLR Output
- Power Requirements: 100/120/230 VAC
- Dimensions: 19 x 3 x 10 in.
- Weight:16.4 lbs.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.