- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Adam Audio A77X Powered Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #H82205 000001000 H82205000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In some set-ups it can be advisable to use a horizontally designed speaker rather than a vertical one. Until now, such monitors were only available w...Click To Read More About This Product
Frequency response to 38Hz, suited for near- or mid-field monitoring.
In some set-ups it can be advisable to use a horizontally designed speaker rather than a vertical one. Until now, such monitors were only available within the SX top line.
The A77X, due to its outstanding features, might become a true game changer: Equipped with the same advanced technologies as the A7X, it therefore is very similar to the two-way speaker. The A77X, however, distinguishes itself by much higher, compression-free maximum sound pressure levels and dynamics. Due to its power and radiation characteristics, it also is perfectly suited for both near- and midfield monitoring.
Like all models of the AX series, the A77X features the ADAM proprietary X-ART tweeter. The ˜X™ stands for ˜eXtended frequency response™ and thus for one of the features of the Accelerating Ribbon Technology that has been drastically improved: the frequency response. It now extends all the way up to 50kHz. In addition, the X-ART tweeter has higher efficiency and higher maximum sound pressure levels.
The two 7" woofers are identical with that of the A7X. With their large voice coils (1.5) and powerful amplifiers, they are capable of both very high maximum sound pressure levels as well as very deep registers. The woofers do not cover the same frequency bands: while both of them are responsible for the (sub-) bass frequencies up to about 400Hz, only one of them reproduces the midrange. This prevents interferences between the two drivers.
Amplifiers / controls
Each driver has its own dedicated amplifier. A 50W A/B amp is responsible for the X-ART tweeter, while the bass-/midwoofers are driven by a 100W PWM amp each. The front panel includes a power switch and a control for the volume that retains the volume setting independently from the on/off switch. The rear panel features several additional controls: a gain for the high frequencies (± 4dB) and two shelf filters for high and low frequencies. To ensure greater compatibility, there are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors.
- Solid response down to 38Hz
- Award-winning X-ART high frequency
- Medium size, ideal for project or professional studios
- Usable for near- and mid-field monitoring
- Three built-in amplifiers
Hear the full frequencies of your recordings at all volumes. Order today.
- Size: Near-field
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 2-way
- Low-frequency driver: two 7 in.
- Mid-frequency driver: Not applicable
- High-frequency driver: 2 in.
- Full-range driver: Not applicable
- Driver type: Carbon Fiber
- Frequency response: 38Hz – 50kHz
- Max peak SPL: 114 dB
- Amplifier class: A/B
- Output power: 75W
- Input connectors: XLR, RCA
- Standby mode: Info not available
- Acoustic space control: No
- Power indicator: Yes
- Width: 21 in.
- Height: 9.5 in.
- Depth: 11 in.
- Weight: 28.2 lbs.
- Enclosure type: Ported
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.