Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
AEA AEA N8 NUVO STEREO MIC KITtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Stereo ribbon miking system with spreader bar.
Another popular configuration of the AEA Nuvo Stereo Kit is in the ORTF configuration. The ORTF configuration is typically thought of with cardioid pattern microphones in mind. When you initiate the ORTF configuration with bi-directional microphones, you preserve the accuracy of the Blumlein pair and add a sense of spaciousness and envelopment.
British engineer Tony Faulkner developed another near-coincident configuration that leverages the properties of bi-directional microphones. This technique uses a pair of bi-directional mics, separated by 20 cm but with the two mics aimed directly forward, rather than angled outward. This is a good choice when working in a long, narrow performance space such as a church.
Using the AEA SMS it is quite easy to configure in a number of ways, and is laser engraved with 90-degree and 117-degree angle and center-to- center spacing markings, so it is you can take notes about your experiments and repeat them at any time. The stand support can be at the center or the end of the bar and can be attached either directly or by using the supplied angle adapter. Either American 5/8-27 or European 3/8-16 mic stands and stand adapters can be used.
The natural directional pattern for a ribbon microphone is a figure-eight. All ribbons natively have proximity effect (the bass response increases as it gets closer to the sound source). At some distance from the sound source, the bass and treble balance well. AEA designed the N8s for far away from the sound source.
The black N8 far-field NUVO is a minimalist design. As with AEA’s other minimalist design, the stereo R88, they interposed as little as possible between the sound source and the ribbon. These mics have substantial proximity effect so, for a natural bass to treble balance, sound sources should be feet rather than inches away. It can be used close up when more bass is desired, high-pass EQ is used, or with the windscreen.
FeaturesThe AEA SMS bar includes the following parts:
- AES SMS stereo bar
- Vibration damping foam insert
- Posi-Lok adjustable angle adaptor D: Two 3/8-16 (EU) cap screws and 3/18-16 to 5/8-27 male threaded studs
- Blumlein coupler
- 5/8-27 female to 3/8-16 (EU) stand adaptor
- SKB carrying case
- Two AEA Nuvo ribbon microphones
- Two shockmounts
- Two cloth protective cover
- SMS Stereo Bar
- Two Nuvo Windscreens
Astonishing ribbon mic pair with ingenious mounting system.
AEA N8 NUVO STEREO MIC KIT Specifications:Audio
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 141 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Ribbon
- Polar pattern: Figure-8
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio
- Diaphragm size: 1.8 micropn ribbon
- Switches: No
- Phantom power required: No
- Width: 1.1 in.
- Height: 7.4 in.
- Weight: 420 g
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Stereo bar
- Power supply: No
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.