- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AEA Microphones R92 Close-Up Figure-Eight Studio Ribbon Microphone
- Write a Review
- #J52635 000000000 J52635000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Fourth in the family of AEA’s line of Big RibbonTM microphones, the AEA R92 was optimized for close work. With excellent wind-blast protection, the R...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A unique voice in the world of ribbon mics.
Fourth in the family of AEA’s line of Big RibbonTM microphones, the AEA R92 was optimized for close work. With excellent wind-blast protection, the R92 is ideal for guitar, vocals, horns, percussion and strings at distances up to three inches.
Over the past few years, AEA’s acclaimed R84 ribbon microphone has become a new studio standard. Now AEA has again expanded the sonic possibilities of ribbon mics with the R92 Ribbon Microphone. Further reductions in the bass proximity effect and excellent wind blast protection make it suitable for close micing (3-12 inches) of guitar amps, vocals,
percussion, and more. In addition, the smooth high frequency response of the R88 transducer has been further extended in the R92, making the R92 a unique voice in the world of ribbon mics.
AEA has designed the R92 to have different tones on the front and rear pickup lobes of the microphone. The front lobe of the R92 is the “crisp” side, offering exceptionally clean and realistic high end detail. The rear lobe is the “smooth” side, which has a bit of classic ribbon high end rolloff that can help to handle harsh transients in a very refined and flattering way. Just like its bigger brothers in AEA’s Big RibbonTM microphone series, the bass reproduction of the R92 is very solid and extended to the lowest audible bass frequencies.
The R92 is designed with an integral elastic shock mount, featuring a unique mounting system that allows excellent flexibility of mic positioning. The mic ships with a two meter cable and a durable plastic carrying case.
- Native-mode single-diaphragm figure-eight
- Wide-band response from 20Hz to 20KHz
- High null-axis rejection
- Handles 135dB SPL above 1 kHz
- Solid bass and extended treble response
- Fast, accurate transient reproduction
- Low self noise
- Excellent off-axis frequency response
Extraordinary ribbon for close work. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.