Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
API A2D Mic Preamps with Digital Outputtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A pair of signature API 312 mic preamplifiers.
The A2D Analog section consists of the circuitry contained in two 312s, half of that of the popular API 3124+. A level control pot with an expanded 20-segment metering system shows precise mic gain levels, while control switches include polarity, 48v phantom power, input pad, Mic/Line select and 2:1 transformer routing, which selects a lower gain contribution from output transformer. Each analog input contains a balanced low-Z input XLR connector and a high-Z instrument input on a 1/4" jack.
The digital section of the A2D includes two API discrete 2510 amplifiers with level pots to adjust the feed to the A/D converters, each with a corresponding 20-segment calibrated meter. A multi-position switch selects the desired sample frequency. The External Sync LED will light when an external clock signal is used.
Rear panel analog connectors include an XLR input and output for each channel, as well as a balanced 1/4" TRS insert to the A/D converter. The TRS insert allows the A2D to have external analog processing devices inserted in the audio chain (EQs, compressors, etc.)
The A2D's digital interface connectors are a SPDIF single-ended RCA connector and an AES digital out on XLR. A coaxial BNC accepts external Super Clock, which will illuminate the front panel EXT SYNC LED when locked.
Additionally, the A2D comes with a pair of 9-pin D-sub connectors that allow the multiple units to be linked together with all units operating off the first sample-rate clock in the chain.
- API 2510 and 2520 Operational Amplifiers
- 20 Segment LED metering on both analog and digital sections
- Mic and instrument inputs
- Polarity, phantom power, input pad, 2:1 transformer routing, mic/line switches
- Six sample rate choices
- Sync to external Word Clock with feed through BNC
- External Super Clock input
- Ability to be slaved with other A2D units
- Insert point provided between analog and digital sections
For a super-clean or warm, punchy microphone signal. Order today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.