- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apogee Duet Firewire Interface
- Product 234444
The Duet is a 2-channel FireWire audio interface that features the amazing sound quality that made Apogee Electronics famous. With control functions ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Apogee audio quality to go that's tightly integrated with Apple's audio applications.
The Duet is a 2-channel FireWire audio interface that features the amazing sound quality that made Apogee Electronics famous. With control functions built directly into Apple's Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand software, Duet empowers you to create professional recordings effortlessly on your Mac.
With Duet, you can plug in guitars, keyboards, and microphones to record your music, or simply experience how much better your favorite tracks in iTunes sound. Duet is compact and powered by FireWire, so you can pack up your studio and go anywhere your music takes you.
Its dual, 1/4" high impedance inputs allow you to combine and record your two favorite instruments, whether it be two guitars, one bass, one guitar, etc., simultaneously using your favorite Core Audio-compatible application. You can also capture vocals with two microphone inputs that have phantom power and 75dB of gain. Whether you're noodling out new ideas, completing a personal tune, documenting a podcast, or recording a live performance, your new little buddy can handle it. The flexible breakout cables come with icons to make it easy to know what goes where, keeping everything in order, out of the way, and properly connected for maximum input and output, with minimal mess.
Duet's bus-powered FireWire interface frees you from the traditional four-wall studio setting. So grab your laptop, find a spot where inspiration takes you, whether it's in the solace of a park or in the echoey confines of a subway tunnel, turn it on, and start doing your thing.
If you don't have Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Garageband, don't panic. Apogee's includes it's own Maestro software, so you'll still be able to work with any Core Audio-compatible application. Maestro allows you to turn the Duet's multifunction control knob into a one-click manager. Maestro will help you manage all of Duet's capabilities and settings, including I/O level, source selection, muting, mic/instrument gain mode, assign MIDI function controls to the controller knob, assign meter display, and more. Speaking of meter display, Duet comes with LED I/O meters to help you monitor your levels for maximum effectiveness.
Duet is not only great for it's input and interface functions, but it delivers amazing sound quality as well. Whether you're listening to your iTunes collection or latest composition through powered speakers connected to the 1/4" outputs or via the headphone jack, you'll not be disappointed by the crystal clear, playback performance.
- Two channels of professional-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio input and output
- Two balanced XLR inputs, with selectable 48V phantom power on each input
- Two unbalanced high impedance instrument inputs
- One high-level stereo headphone output
- Two unbalanced -10 dBV line outputs for powered speakers
- Multi-function controller knob for volume and input gain control and assignable MIDI control
- Multi-segment LED meters to display input or output levels
- FireWire 400, compatible with Mac OS X Core Audio
- Control functions built directly into Apple's Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand
- Compatible with any Core Audio-compliant audio application
- Apogee's Maestro software for advanced control and low latency mixing
- Breakout Cable
- FireWire Cable
- Apogee Software CD
- User's Guide
- Computer: Mac G4 1GHz or faster, G5 or Intel CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB recommended
- OS: 10.4.10 or greater
- (fully compatible with Leopard)
- Connection: FireWire 400 port