- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Don™t let its size fool you. The next-generation iPod nano has been completely reimagined, with an innovative thin body design that™s about the size ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Take your music, photos, and videos with you everywhere.
Don™t let its size fool you. The next-generation iPod nano has been completely reimagined, with an innovative thin body design that™s about the size of a credit card, and loaded with features. With 16GB of space and 7 designer colors, there™s an iPod nano that will fit your style.
About the size of a credit card ” and just 5.4 mm thin ” the new iPod nano is the thinnest iPod ever made. The 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display is nearly twice as big as the display on the previous iPod nano, so you can see more of the music, photos, and videos you love. Buttons let you quickly play, pause, change songs, or adjust the volume. The smooth new anodized aluminum design makes iPod nano feel as good as it sounds. And iPod nano wouldn™t be iPod nano without gorgeous, hard-to-choose-from colors.
Tap to play your favorite songs. Or entire albums.
Or everything by one artist. You can even browse by genres or composers. Flip through your music: Album art looks great on the bigger screen. Or to keep things fresh, give iPod nano a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library.
Genius. Your own personal DJ.
Say you'e listening to a song you love and you want to stay in the mood. Just tap Genius. It finds other songs on iPod nano that go great together and makes a Genius playlist for you. For more song combinations you wouldn™t have thought of yourself, create Genius Mixes in iTunes and sync the ones you like to iPod nano. Then tap Genius Mixes and rediscover songs you haven™t heard in a while ” or find music you forgot you even had.
Now you can watch episodes of your favorite TV shows, Hollywood blockbusters, free video podcasts, and home videos on your iPod nano. View them on the widescreen 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display. Tap to play, fast-forward, rewind, and pause. With iPod nano, you can have a little entertainment whenever ” and wherever ” you want.
Carry around a few thousand photos and no matter where you are, you'e ready to share in an instant. The larger screen on the new iPod nano is perfect for viewing photos. Just pinch and zoom, and prove to your coworkers that you'e smiling (not screaming) on the zip line in Costa Rica. Or laugh at your dog™s latest sleeping position. Because on top of everything else iPod nano does, it makes an excellent little brag book.
Chances are, there™s an audio or video podcast for just about anything you'e into. And you can listen to and watch it right on iPod nano. Browse podcasts through the podcast directory in iTunes. When you find one (or more than one) you'e interested in, subscribe. That way you won™t miss an episode. Oh, and the best part? Thousands of them are free.
Your music experience gets even better now that iPod nano has Bluetooth 4.0 built in. Pairing iPod nano with Bluetooth-enabled headphones and supported speakers is a cinch. With no wires in the way, working out with iPod nano is even easier. (No more getting wires caught in your free-weights.) And if your car™s sound system is Bluetooth enabled, when you sit down in the driver™s seat, your iPod nano is ready to pick up where you left off. Without missing a beat.
FM radio keeps you up on what™s going on out
there ” the game, the top news stories, your favorite talk shows ” or whatever you love listening to. Just plug in your headphones and tap to see the controls. Flick the radio dial to change stations. Tap to set your favorites. Need to take a break? With Live Pause, you won™t miss a minute. Just tap to pause the song or show, then tap again to continue. You can even rewind as far back as 15 minutes, so you can be sure of the lyrics you'e belting out. Or fast-forward to catch up to a live broadcast.
Apple designers and engineers had the goal of creating earbuds that rest and stay comfortably inside a variety of ear types ” while also producing the best sound quality possible. They tested 124 different prototypes on over 600 people. The result is a breakthrough for earbud headphones. They'e called EarPods. They look unlike anything you™ve ever seen. They sound unlike any earbuds you™ve ever heard. And the audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones.
Making iPod nano thinner required a bold move: Replacing the 30-pin dock connector with something newer, smaller, and better. It™s called Lightning, and it™s significantly more durable than the 30-pin connector. It™s also reversible, so there™s no wrong way to plug in the cable. If you have an iPod nano accessory that depends on the 30-pin connector, you can still connect it to your iPod nano with a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately). Though with more and more accessories adding wireless capabilities through Bluetooth technology, thankfully cords and cables needn™t be a concern.
- About the size of a credit card ” and just 5.4 mm thin
- 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display, nearly twice as big as previous version
- Experience all of your favorite music from your iTunes playlists
- Watch TV shows, movies, free video podcasts, and home videos
- Bluetooth wireless built-in for pairing with Bluetooth headphones and speakers
- Built-in FM radio keeps you up on what' going on
- Carry around thousands of photos to share with friends
- Includes a pair of Apple EarPods
- All-new lightning connector, thinner and more durable than previous connector
Order the next-generation iPod nano today.
- Height: 3.01 inches (76.5 mm)
- Width: 1.56 inches (39.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.21 inch (5.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.1 ounces (31 grams)1
- True volume: 0.95 cu. inch (15,537 cu. mm)
- Nike+ support
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- H.264 video: 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Baseline, Main, and High-Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Japan
- Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a 15-minute buffer)
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 30 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 3.5 hours when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
- Apple EarPods
- VoiceOver gesture-based screen reader
- High-resolution LCD display with adjustable backlight settings for easier reading in low light
- Invert Colors
- Mono Audio
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, OS X v10.6.8 or later, and iTunes 10.7 or later4
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Vista, or XP Home or Professional (SP3) or later; and iTunes 10.7 or later
- Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F (0 to 35 C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F (-20 to 45 C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- iPod nano
- Apple EarPods
- Lightning to USB Cable
- Quick Start guide