- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apple IPod nano 8GB
- Write a Review
- Product 583426
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ultraportable Apple 8GB iPod nano not only lets you listen to your favorite music, but also adds a built-in video camera for shooting video where...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A totally portable musical jukebox, video camera, pedometer, and voice recorder in one.
The ultraportable Apple 8GB iPod nano not only lets you listen to your favorite music, but also adds a built-in video camera for shooting video wherever you are. With it's 8GB flash drive memory you can hold up to 2,000 songs in AAC format at 128Kbps or 8 hours of video which you can then watch on your 2.2" (diagonal) TFT display.
The iPod nano has a built-in video camera that lets you record fun as it happens. Then share it with friends on the Internet. It's the video camera that's small enough to take with you everywhere.
A quick scroll through the menu takes you to the video camera. Then you're ready to record video in portrait or landscape”perfect for emailing or posting on Facebook or MobileMe. A built-in mic lets you capture audio, too. And when you play back your video on iPod nano, you'll hear the recorded audio with it. All of which means your indispensable music player is now your indispensable video camera.
Adding to the fun are 15 video effects that let you add a little Hollywood to your video. Just scroll through, choose the effect you want”such as film grain or motion blur”and start recording. When you're done, sync iPod nano to your computer and iPhoto (or your favorite photo software) opens. Then email your miniblockbuster or post on YouTube or Facebook.
A musical Genius
Say you have one song you really love and want to hear other tracks that go great with it. A few clicks on iPod nano, and Genius uses that song to find other songs in your library and makes a Genius playlist for you (up to 12 different mixes). You can listen to the playlist right away, save it for later, or even refresh and give it another go. Count on Genius to create combinations you wouldn't have thought of yourself. These mixes are like channels programmed entirely with your music. It's a great way to rediscover songs you haven't listened to in forever, and some you even forgot you had.
Go with the Cover Flow
View your album art in Cover Flow for a faster way to find the song you want to hear. Or just press and hold the center button to flip the album cover art over so you can see the songs. When you find the right song, press the center button to add it to your on-the-go playlist.
Shake it like a salt shaker
You want to hear songs in a totally random way? Just turn on Shake to Shuffle, then give iPod nano a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library. You never know what iPod nano will spin for you next.
Pause live radio
Not only does the new FM tuner let you see the names of songs and artists, but two other amazing features”iTunes Tagging and Live Pause”make listening to the radio nothing like listening to the radio.
Say you need to take a quick break from listening to your favorite radio station. With the Live Pause feature, iPod nano lets you put the music on hold with a click. Another click and you're listening to your station again. You can even rewind as far back as 15 minutes, then fast-forward to catch up to the live broadcast.
What about those times when you're listening to a song you like and later on you go to can't remember the name of the artist or the song. With iTunes Tagging, you'll never have to worry again. Just use the Click Wheel on iPod nano to tag the song. iTunes creates a list of all your tagged songs so you can easily preview or purchase them when you sync iPod nano later to your iTunes.
With VoiceOver you'll never hear your music in the same way again. Say you're listening to a song and want to know the title or the artist. With the press of a button, VoiceOver tells you without interrupting your music. It's a simple and clever way to navigate your collection. VoiceOver also tells you the names of your playlists, so you can easily switch between them to find the right mix for your mood.
Your iPod nano is designed not only to talk, but to say the right things. How is this possible? First, iTunes reads your song information, then uses the VoiceOver Kit to generate the announcements for the songs, artists, and playlists. Just sync your iPod nano with your computer and it really speaks to you.
After you sync your iPod nano, the voice you hear depends on which computer system you use. If you sync your iPod nano with a PC or with a Mac running Mac OS X Tiger, you'll hear the English voice included in the VoiceOver Kit. Since Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard have an amazing built-in English voice, that's the voice you'll hear when you sync your iPod nano with a Mac running one of those operating systems.
However, like most people your music library probably has songs from all over the world”a love song from France, a bolero from Spain, or a pop tune from Japan. Luckily, VoiceOver speaks fluent song in 20 languages. iTunes will select the language and best voice for your song titles and artist names. It looks at song data, like the title, artist, and album information, then applies intelligent algorithms to choose the right language. For example, iTunes recognizes the song "Ya Viene el Sol" by Ozomatli as a Spanish song, so your iPod nano will automatically speak that song title and artist in Spanish. If you prefer to hear that information spoken in another language, you can change the designated VoiceOver language for that song in iTunes.
Step it up with the new Pedometer
You take your iPod nano with you everywhere. Why not use it to stay fit? iPod nano now doubles as a Pedometer. It uses the built-in accelerometer to keep track of your steps and help you meet your fitness goals. You can create a daily step goal or set it to "Always On" so it counts all the steps you take, all the time. With the addition of your music, this makes iPod nano the ideal exercise partner.
The built-in mic lets you capture a thought, a reminder, a class lecture, or any audio recording you want with Voice Memos.
- H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio
- 15 real-time special effects: Sepia, Black and White, X-Ray, Film Grain, Thermal, Security Cam, Cyborg, Bulge, Kaleido, Motion Blur, Mirror, Light Tunnel, Dent, Stretch, and Twirl
- H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .M4V, .MP4, and .MOV file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .M4V, .MP4, and .MOV file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 MBps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .M4V, .MP4, and .MOV file formats
- AAC (8 to 320KBps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320KBps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Spoken menus allow listeners to hear many of the names of menus, song titles, and artists without viewing the screen
- An alternative large font can make menus easier to read
- A high-resolution LCD display with adjustable contrast and backlight settings makes it easier to read in low light
- Captions in video are displayed when they are present using a legible, high-contrast, white-on-black font
- Arsenic-free glass
- Highly recyclable
- Dock connector to USB cable
- Quick Start guide
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Playback time
- Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 5 hours when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later
- iTunes 9 or later
- iPhoto 6.0.6 or later recommended for use with Mac OS X Tiger
- iPhoto '09 recommended for use with Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 9 or later
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F (0 to 35 C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F (-20 to 45 C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000m)