- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apple MacBook 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - White
- Write a Review
- Product 241858
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Apple MacBook makes it easy to multi-task with your increasing collection of music, photos, movies, documents, and other files. This MacBook come...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Apple MacBook makes it easy to multi-task with your increasing collection of music, photos, movies, documents, and other files. This MacBook comes standard with 1GB of memory, 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and a 120GB hard drive.
Better than ever
Inside the new MacBook is the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processor based on 45nm-process technology and advanced Core micro architecture. This powerful technology lets Intel create hundreds of millions of microscopic 45-nanometer transistors. It also comes with 3MB of shared L2 cache and a newly enhanced SSE4 vector engine. All together this means you get a MacBook with snappier performance that runs applications up to 58% faster and more efficiently than previous generations. Even the 8x double-layer SuperDrive makes things move faster.
Though it comes with it's own 13-inch glossy widescreen TFT display, sometimes your work needs room. The MacBook makes it easy to extend your desktop by connecting a 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display. The MacBook also includes two USB 2.0 ports, a FireWire 400 port, Gigabit Ethernet, audio input and headphone jacks, and a convenient lock slot.
The MagSafe Power Adapter is just that, a magnetic connection instead of a physical one. So tripping over a power cord won't send your shiny new MacBook flying off a table or desk. The cord simply breaks cleanly away, without damage to either the cord or the system.
With two-finger scrolling, the trackpad becomes a fast track to wherever you want to go. If you come from a right-click world, it's easy to make the MacBook fit in your comfort zone. There are shortcuts for right-click functionality, forward delete, and more.
Opening and closing your MacBook is a pleasure, thanks to a magnetic latch that catches without a catch. And because it's a magnet, there are no moving parts to snag, jam, or break.
Lights, MacBook, action
Cleverly integrated above your MacBook display is an iSight camera. You can be there without really being there using iChat. Video chat with a buddy, share a photo slideshow with Mom, or run through a presentation with a colleague. Since you're close-up ready, use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. Or star in your own indie flick with iMovie. All of these programs are preloaded and ready to go so there's no need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring.
The wireless standard
MacBook comes with built-in wireless capabilities that let you do everything you need to do, anywhere you can find a wireless connection. Wi-Fi networks conveniently show up right on your desktop to let you know when you are within a Wi-Fi range. Then you're able to click and connect, surf the web, send email, video chat, and more. Easily share files with other users on the network using Bonjour and stay in sync with your Bluetooth-enabled phone courtesy of Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
The Time Machine application is a breakthrough automatic backup system that's built right into Mac OS X. The Time Capsule is a server-grade hard drive plus Wi-Fi base station that lets you use Time Machine to wirelessly back up your files. It happens in the background so you never have to worry about backing up again.
AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express, and Time Capsule all include a USB port so you can connect a printer and print wirelessly from your MacBook anywhere in your home. The convenience of wireless printing is extended not only to you, but to others on your network, including PC users.
Back to My Mac
Let's say you're at work and you left an important file on your computer at home. With Back to My Mac, a feature of .Mac, you can get to any Leopard-based Mac remotely with just a click. .Mac finds your Mac computers over the Internet and displays them in the Leopard Finder on the Mac you're using. So wherever you go, all your files follow you.
Music and movies
With AirPort Express and AirTunes, stream music from your iTunes library to any powered speakers wirelessly. If you have speakers in several rooms, you can use more than one AirPort Express and play music throughout your home or studio for high-end sound all around. And with iTunes, you can now rent, download, and watch the newest releases as well as classic movies without going to a video store or returning a rental. Wherever you find yourself, find a movie wirelessly.
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife '08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
- Majority of circuit board laminates are free of brominated flame retardants
- Majority of internal cables are PVC-free
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 768, 1024 by 640, 800 by 600, 800 by 500, 720 by 480, and 640 by 480 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
- 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 800MHz frontside bus
- 1GB (two 512MB) of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300); supports up to 4GB
- 120GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive
- Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
- 55-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 4.5 hours of wireless productivity
- 60W MagSafe power adapter with cable management system
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50 to 95 F (10 to 35 C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 113 F (-24 to 45 C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 ft.
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 ft.
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 ft.