Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
USB Dual Tube Prefalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
Tube preamp with optical limiter, S/PDIF, and USB connectivity.
Each input of the USBDualTubePre has independent input gain control and output level, phase inversion, low frequency roll-off, true 48V phantom power, and a user-defeatable optocompressor circuit”capable of ensuring superior dynamic control of any input source.
For monitoring, an 1/8" mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls allow latency-free monitoring of the inputs while recording, as well as playback monitoring of audio mix via USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to 1/4" TRS (balanced) outputs with separate level control for control room monitor source.
The USB interface is fully USB compliant. No special drivers are needed.
- Two-channel tube-based Mic/Instrument preamp computer interface
- Extremely low noise discrete front end with variable input and output controls
- Advanced optical output compressor to simplify recording and prevent overload
- USB connectivity to desktop and laptop computers
- S/PDIF output for expanding inputs on digital workstations and computer interfaces
- Latency free Monitoring Mix and Level controls
- Balanced XLR for lo-Z applications and 1/4" hi-Z inputs for instrument DI applications
- Separate Gain, Phase Invert, Low Cut Filter and Compressor switches on each input
- Selectable Dual or Stereo operation of output controls
- Switch selectable Inserts on each channel
- Insert jacks provide a preamp direct out for each channel
- Stereo/ Dual operation of Optical Compressor
- Mono switch for single input monitoring
- S/PDIF Sample Rate switch selectable between 44.1K and 48K
- Precision LED metering of both the preamp and A/D sections
- Built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply
- Compact, stackable all aluminum chassis
Super cost-effective tube front end for your DAW. Order today!
USB Dual Tube Pre Specifications:
- Input connections: XLR/1/4" Combo jack - XLR balanced or 1/4" unbalanced
- Input impedance: 1M ohm 1/4" input; >4k ohm XLR input; 20k ohm insert input
- Output connection: 1/4" TRS (balanced); 1/8" TRS headphone mini-jack
- Output impedance: 600 ohm (balanced 1/4"); 300 ohm (inserts); < 50 ohm (headphone 1/8")
Frequency response: 20Hz “ 27kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Maximum gain: +65dB (balanced in-out), +45dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)
- THD: <0.01% @ 1kHz
- Equivalent input noise: -129dBu typical (œA weighted, shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ maximum)
- Maximum input level: unbalanced (Inst.): +16 dBu, balanced (mic): +12dBu, Insert input: +7.5dBu
- Max output level: +5dBu unbalanced; +11dBu balanced; +7.5dBu (insert output)
- Phantom Power: Switch-selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current-limited
- Tube Type: Hand-selected 12AX7A
- Compressor slope: Progressively increasing slope, 10:1 max.
- Compressor range: 28dB attenuation max.
- Low-cut filter: -3dB @ 70Hz, 6dB/Octave
- USB A/D-D/A: 16-bit/44.1kHz or 48kHz, USB selectable from computer, 0.4 ms A/D latency @ 44.1K Hz
- S/PDIF A/D: 24-bit/44.1kHz or 48kHz, switch-selectable; 0.4ms A/D latency @ 44.1kHz
- Computer interface: USB 2.0 compliant, Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, Win 7, Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support
- Chassis type: All-aluminum black anodized with integral rubber sides
- Power requirements: 9VAC @ 1000mA (external)
- Dimensions: 1-3/4"H x 5-15/16"W x 6-1/2"D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
- Weight: 2.5 lb. (1.14 kg) with power supply and packaging
- *Note: 0dBu = 0.775Vrms
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.