- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ART USB Dual Tube Pre
- Write a Review
- Product H72508
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ART USBDualTubePre is a compact, dual-channel tube preamp designed for any basic recording system. Capable of operating as a standalone unit with...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Tube preamp with optical limiter, S/PDIF, and USB connectivity.
The ART USBDualTubePre is a compact, dual-channel tube preamp designed for any basic recording system. Capable of operating as a standalone unit with USB audio interface, or as an expander for any digital system with S/PDIF digital input, each channel in the USBDualTubePre delivers superior tube tone in a fully featured input strip.
Each input of the USBDualTubePre has independent input gain control and output level, phase inversion, low frequency roll-off, true 48V phantom power, and a user-defeatable optocompressor circuit”capable of ensuring superior dynamic control of any input source.
For monitoring, an 1/8" mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls allow latency-free monitoring of the inputs while recording, as well as playback monitoring of audio mix via USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to 1/4" TRS (balanced) outputs with separate level control for control room monitor source.
The USB interface is fully USB compliant. No special drivers are needed.
- Two-channel tube-based Mic/Instrument preamp computer interface
- Extremely low noise discrete front end with variable input and output controls
- Advanced optical output compressor to simplify recording and prevent overload
- USB connectivity to desktop and laptop computers
- S/PDIF output for expanding inputs on digital workstations and computer interfaces
- Latency free Monitoring Mix and Level controls
- Balanced XLR for lo-Z applications and 1/4" hi-Z inputs for instrument DI applications
- Separate Gain, Phase Invert, Low Cut Filter and Compressor switches on each input
- Selectable Dual or Stereo operation of output controls
- Switch selectable Inserts on each channel
- Insert jacks provide a preamp direct out for each channel
- Stereo/ Dual operation of Optical Compressor
- Mono switch for single input monitoring
- S/PDIF Sample Rate switch selectable between 44.1K and 48K
- Precision LED metering of both the preamp and A/D sections
- Built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply
- Compact, stackable all aluminum chassis
Super cost-effective tube front end for your DAW. Order today!
- Input connections: XLR/1/4" Combo jack - XLR balanced or 1/4" unbalanced
- Input impedance: 1M ohm 1/4" input; >4k ohm XLR input; 20k ohm insert input
- Output connection: 1/4" TRS (balanced); 1/8" TRS headphone mini-jack
- Output impedance: 600 ohm (balanced 1/4"); 300 ohm (inserts); < 50 ohm (headphone 1/8")
Frequency response: 20Hz “ 27kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Maximum gain: +65dB (balanced in-out), +45dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)
- THD: <0.01% @ 1kHz
- Equivalent input noise: -129dBu typical (œA weighted, shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ maximum)
- Maximum input level: unbalanced (Inst.): +16 dBu, balanced (mic): +12dBu, Insert input: +7.5dBu
- Max output level: +5dBu unbalanced; +11dBu balanced; +7.5dBu (insert output)
- Phantom Power: Switch-selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current-limited
- Tube Type: Hand-selected 12AX7A
- Compressor slope: Progressively increasing slope, 10:1 max.
- Compressor range: 28dB attenuation max.
- Low-cut filter: -3dB @ 70Hz, 6dB/Octave
- USB A/D-D/A: 16-bit/44.1kHz or 48kHz, USB selectable from computer, 0.4 ms A/D latency @ 44.1K Hz
- S/PDIF A/D: 24-bit/44.1kHz or 48kHz, switch-selectable; 0.4ms A/D latency @ 44.1kHz
- Computer interface: USB 2.0 compliant, Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, Win 7, Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support
- Chassis type: All-aluminum black anodized with integral rubber sides
- Power requirements: 9VAC @ 1000mA (external)
- Dimensions: 1-3/4"H x 5-15/16"W x 6-1/2"D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
- Weight: 2.5 lb. (1.14 kg) with power supply and packaging
- *Note: 0dBu = 0.775Vrms