- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Arturia ARP2600 V Software Download
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H95730 000000000 H95730000000000
6-Month* financing available.
With the Arturia ARP 2600 V 2.0, Arturia brings this powerful analog synthesizer back to life. In addition to the original functions, MIDI control, p...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
A great vintage synth reinvented for today's musician!
With the Arturia ARP 2600 V 2.0, Arturia brings this powerful analog synthesizer back to life. In addition to the original functions, MIDI control, polyphony, and the ability to create, save, and recall presets are all provided. But that's not all: behind the speakers panels are hidden innovative features that take the initial design of the Arturia ARP 2600 to a new level. Four revolutionary tracking generators add sound design possibilities that have never been seen before. Additional effects are also provided, and, along with the original ARP sequencer, they form an exciting new virtual synthesizer.
If you are at the beginning of your learning curve, you will enjoy the hundreds of presets provided, or even if you are an experienced sound designer, the ARP 2600 V 2.0 virtual synth will allow you to immediately add new dimensions to your music.
Sound MAP: Explore the virtual synth's hundreds of sounds using Arturia revolutionary Sound MAP. Locate areas you like and pick a sound that will stimulate your creativity. Morph sounds on the MAP by clicking anywhere you like. Add filters to make your search easier, or get back to the traditional list of presets, by sound-designer or by type. Be creative, be funky, be a sound-traveler.
A little bit of history
Alan R. Pearlman, whose initials would form the name of ARP Instruments, became interested in instruments for electronic music as early as 1948, when he was a student at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute. This was a means for him to associate his two passions: electronic music and the piano.
In 1969, he created ARP Instruments (originally called Tonus Inc.) with David Friend and Lewis G. Pollock. The company, based in Newton Highlands (Massachusetts, USA), conceived electronic products, but also and above all else a large modular synthesizer, the ARP 2500. The machine used a matrix which connected the different sections of the synthesizer, instead of the traditional cables found in the Moog Modulars. The ARP 2500 synthesizer found success in American universities.
The growth of ARP instruments was fast, and, in 1972, the ARP 2600, probably the most legendary of the entire range, was unveiled. This semi-modular synthesizer, conceived with an educational goal, was to become hugely successful after a shaky start. The ARP 2600 was notably used by Stevie Wonder, Joe Zawinul (Weather Report), Tony Banks (Genesis), Jean-Michel Jarre, Herbie Hancock, and many others. ARP was the market leader in synthesizers during the 70s, with around 40% of the market share.
In ten years, three versions of the ARP 2600 were commercialized: The first version was called "Blue meanie" because of its steely blue finish. The "blue meanie" was quickly replaced by a second version, with a grey background finish and white silk screening (1972). This was to be more popular. In 1978, ARP decided to change the graphic chart for all of its machines: a black background color with orange silk screening was introduced. The ARP2600 benefited from its third and last version.
Compatibility Notice: OS X 10.11 El Capitan (release date 9/30/15)
As with all major operating system updates, it is vital to check the compatibility of your hardware and software before upgrading your system. For new computer owners, it' highly advised to check with manufacturers on when they expect their products to be fully compatible with the latest operating system.
- MIDI control
- Up to 32-voice polyphony with unison capability
- Revolutionary tracking generators and effects
- 400 presets by top artists
- VST, RTAS, AU, and DXI compatibility
- Standalone or virtual instrument operation
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- 9kHz and up to 64-bit floating point
- Playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 3 voltage-controlled oscillators
- Second oscillator can modulate either the first 2 oscillators or the filter
- Low pass resonant filter
- 1 LFO which can be synchronized to the tempo of the host sequencer
- 1 Sample and Hold
- Env 1: ADSR; Env 2: AR ; 1 Envelope Follower
- 1 ARP original sequencer
- A Tracker / interactive LFO creates new modulations in real time
- ARP2500 multimode 12dB filter with special notch / low shell filter combination
- Can synchronize Osc2 on Osc1
- 1 Chorus
- 1 Stereo Delay to be synchronized via MIDI
- Updated voltage processors that you can now use either as inverters, mixers or lag processors.
- New keyboard-following management
- Top-quality sound just like the original ARP 2600 sound
Download today and sound like yesterday.
- System requirements:
- PC :
- PC/Windows : 1 GHz, 256 MB of RAM, Windows 98SE/2000/XP
- MAC :
- Mac OS X : 1 GHz, 256 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- Soundcard :
- Any soundcard compatible with DirectX, ASIO, SoundManager or CoreAudio
- A 301-paged paper manual is provided in 3 languages: French, English and Japanese.
- Copy protection: the installation CD is only required each time you want to import new banks of presets or when you install an update patch of the product.