- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Arturia Modular V Software Download
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H95736 000000000 H95736000000000
6-Month* financing available.
Arturia, in partnership with Bob Moog, has created Moog Modular V 2.5, a faithful, virtual reproduction of one of the most famous series of synthesiz...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
A synth legend revived and given new life for the modern computer musician.
Arturia, in partnership with Bob Moog, has created Moog Modular V 2.5, a faithful, virtual reproduction of one of the most famous series of synthesizers: Moog Modular. Whether recreating the abstract tonal qualities of the classic electronic soundtracks, or pushing forward the sonic boundaries of today, the Moog Modular V 2.5 is the synthesizer of choice for sound exploration, anywhere, anytime. The virtual synthesizer has all the vibe and the fat sound of the original, cleverly combined with important contemporary features like polyphony, MIDI control, loading, and saving of patches.
A little history on Moog Modular
It was in 1964 that the first prototype of a Moog synthesizer was produced. It was presented at the AES Show (Audio Engineering Society) and immediately generated a huge amount of interest. In 1965, Bob Moog decided to release the 900 series for commercial sale, and in 1967 he made the decision to produce different machines, each with a certain number of modules. This marked the birth of modular systems I, II, and III.
"Probably the number one system" (Peter Forrest, "The A-Z of Analog Synthesizers"), the Moog Modular was soon to be adopted by groups like Tangerine Dream, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones. Stevie Wonder, Klaus Schultze, Isao Tomit, Jean-Michel Jarre, Keith Emerson, among many others.
Compatibility Notice: OS X 10.11 El Capitan (release date 9/30/15)
As with all major operating system updates, it is vital to check the compatibility of your hardware and software before upgrading your system. For new computer owners, it' highly advised to check with manufacturers on when they expect their products to be fully compatible with the latest operating system.
- All the parameters of the original Moog Modular: 9 oscillators, 2 LFOs, 3 filter slots, 1 Noise Generator, 6 envelopes, 2 VCAs
- 16 auxiliary VCAs with modulation inputs
- 24-step sequencer
- 1 filter bank (14 bandwidths available)
- More than 600 presets, made by professionals
- Main stereo outputs
- Mono / polyphonic (up to 64 voices per instrument)
- Soft clipping function
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16 kHz
- 64-bit floating point precision
- Sampling rate: up to 96 kHz
- Playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 1 stereo delay
- 1 chorus
- Very accurate reproduction of the legendary Moog 24dB low-pass filter
- 1 Chorus and Delay Effect section (besides 12 Stage Phaser and Ring Modulator)
- Superb audio quality with TAE engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported
- New to V 2.5 Virtual Synthesizer
- Switch to Syncrosoft copy protection
- VCF audio quality improvements
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OSX
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably)
- Ability to use NRPN MIDI messages for automation
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset
- New presets added
- MIDI RPN pitch bend range message is now recognized
- Other bugs in previous versions have been fixed
There's no need to hunt through garage sales to get this classic sound from the 60s. Download the virtual Moog synth now!
- PC: 512MB RAM; CPU 2GHz (Multiple cores recommended)
- Mac: 512MB RAM; CPU 2GHz (Multiple cores recommended)
- Windows: XP/VISTA/7
- Mac OS X: 10.4 or higher and Universal Binary
- Win: Standalone, VST, RTAS
- Mac OS X: Standalone, VST, RTAS, AU