- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica U853R Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 270496 000001000 270496000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The U853R cardioid condenser hanging microphone is equipped with UniGuard technology that offers unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interferen...Click To Read More About This Product
Perfect for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording.
The U853R cardioid condenser hanging microphone is equipped with UniGuard technology that offers unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference. With a consistent cardioid polar pattern, the mic offers natural sound and superior gain before feedback. It is phantom powered and features an integral 80Hz low-cut UniSteep filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
Includes AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8538 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation
- Accepts interchangeable elements available optionally in several polar patterns
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- POLAR PATTERN cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30-20,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF : 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: ”39 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE: 250 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 139 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- DYNAMIC RANGE (TYPICAL): 115 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- SWITCH: Flat, roll-off
- WEIGHT (microphone): 0.5 oz (14g)
- WEIGHT (power module) : 2.9 oz (97g)
- DIMENSION (microphone): 1.34" (34.0 mm) long, 0.48" (12.2 mm) diameter
- DIMENSION (power module): 3.66" (92.9 mm) long, 0.74" (18.9 mm) diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR (power module): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- CABLE: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8153(WH) two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451(WH) steel hanger; AT8538 wall/ceiling plate power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: M12
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.