Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Audix F6 Kick Drum & Bass Frequencies Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A purpose-built kick drum mic with more midrange punch.
Featuring the same depth and "no-EQ-necessary" performance as the Audix D6, the f6 boasts a little more midrange punch, also making it suitable for more aggressive styles of music, such as hard rock and punk. Another great benefit of Audix' purpose-built mics is the ease of placement-they sound great no matter where you place them (within reason), so a "walking" kick drum, or active performers bumping the mic is rarely a problem.
The Audix f6 has a hypercardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control, and an LM (Low Mass) Type A diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction. It employs a transformerless design for transparent reproduction, while its low-impedance, balanced output provides interference-free performance-even with long cable runs. It's roadworthy construction includes a precision-cast zinc alloy body, black coat finish, laser-etched model and serial number, steel mesh grill, gold XLR connector and a tension-fit heavy duty nylon mic clip.
The f6 is designed with low output in order to compensate for instruments having very high sound pressure levels. For kick drums, start with the mic inside the middle of the drum positioned slightly off-center, pointed towards the beater. For more attack, and less bass boom, move the mic closer to the beater. For less attack and more bass, move the mic further away from the beater. For kick drums without a hole in front head, place the f6 a few inches from the head for a large dynamic sound. For toms, position the mic 2 inches from the head and point towards the center of the drum. For bass cabinets, position the mic 90 to the grille cloth and 1 - 2 inches inside the edge of the speaker.
- Compact, lightweight
- Cast zinc-alloy body
- LM (low mass) type A diaphragm
- Studio-quality sound
- Excellent mid-bass punch
- Handles high SPL without distortion
- Great for both studio and stage
- Roadworthy construction
- Designed, assembled, and tested by Audix in the USA
- 3-year warranty
Applications for stage and studio:
- Kick drum
- Kettle drum
- Floor tom
- Bass cabinets
- Leslie bottom
A multi-genre-spanning kick drum and bass instrument mic that makes placement and great sound easy. Order today!
F6 Kick Drum & Bass Frequencies Microphone Specifications:
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Frequency response 40Hz - 16kHz
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output impedance: 580 ohms
- Sensitivity: 0.6 mV/Pa@80Hz
- Off-axis rejection >23dB
- Maximum SPL: ‰140dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Capsule technology: LM Type A
- Connector: 3-pin gold-plated male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of XLR connector
- Housing: Cast zinc alloy
- Finish: Black coat
- Weight: 11 oz. (311g)
- Length: 4-3/4" (121mm)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.