- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audix SCX25A-MP Large Diaphragm Condenser - Matched Pair
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 620264 000000000 620264000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Audix SCX25A-MP large diaphragm condenser microphone is uniquely shockmounted within an intricate machined brass ring. Its capsule is completely ...Click To Read More About This Product
A professional studio condenser microphone set with an elegant design and a patented capsule suspension system
The Audix SCX25A-MP large diaphragm condenser microphone is uniquely shockmounted within an intricate machined brass ring. Its capsule is completely isolated from the mic body and electronics. By successfully minimizing acoustic reflections and diffractions, the SCX25A delivers a pure, open-air sound with exceptional detail and realism.
With a smooth uniform frequency response from 20Hz - 20kHz, the SCX25A is very consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals, exhibiting excellent phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. The SCX25A condenser mic is characterized with a wide cardioid polar pattern, which enables the sound engineer the opportunity to blend the sound of the instrument or vocal with the sound of the room. Other features include a one-inch (25 mm) gold vapor capsule, miniaturized electronics, and an extremely small footprint. The SCX25A will handle sound pressure levels in excess of 135 dB and will provide up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection.
In addition to vocals, the Audix SCX25A microphone is ideally suited to capture acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, vibes, woodwinds, brass, percussion toys, drum overheads, orchestra and symphony sectionals.
The SCX25A features a precision machined brass body, innovative capsule suspension system, steel mesh grill, black e-coat finish, laser etched model and serial number, Switchcraft XLR connector, and heavy duty nylon clip, making it a state-of-the-art recording mic manufactured to exacting standards and tight tolerances.
- Innovative Design
- Isolated Capsule Suspension System
- Low Noise Electronics
- Extremely Small Footprint With A Brass Body Only 4" Long
- Studio Vocals
- Voice Over
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Impedence: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity @1k 22 mV/Pa: 28 mV / Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB (A Weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB
- Maximum SPL: >135 dB
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB
- Power Requirements: 48-52 volts Phantom
- Connector: Switchcraft Male XLR
- Weight: 8.6 Ounces (244 g)
- Length: 5.8 Inches (148 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.