- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avantone CLA-200A Chris Lord-Alge Active Studio Monitors
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54688 000000000 L54688000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Avantone Pro's CLA-10A Chris Lord-Alge active studio monitors feature the AV10MHF and AV10MLF drivers from the CLA-10, cabinet construction and a bee...Click To Read More About This Product
Signature monitors from one of the world's most discriminating studio professionals.
Avantone Pro's CLA-10A Chris Lord-Alge active studio monitors feature the AV10MHF and AV10MLF drivers from the CLA-10, cabinet construction and a beefy Class A/B power amp section.
The CLA-10A's have an all-new “VTPC” knob or “Variable Tissue Paper Control.” This VTPC allows you to simulate anything from the Vertical “m” model to the horizontal “Studio” model and everything in between.
One of the most common questions asked about the CLA-10's is which version of the originals are they based on. Now we can proudly say... all of them! The CLA-10A's have an all-new “VTPC” knob or “Variable Tissue Paper Control.” This VTPC allows you to simulate anything from the Vertical “m” model to the horizontal “Studio” model and everything in between. This tone control allows each user to choose the best tweeter brightness that serves their individual needs.
Most two-way active speakers use a switch mode supply and Class D amplifier. While this has proven to work well in recent years, Avantone Pro are still traditionalists. With the success of the CLA-10 and CLA-200 amplifier combination, they decided to stay with what engineers all over the world have come to expect from this combination. The CLA-10 Active uses a linear power supply and 200 watts of Class AB output. Yes, it requires a heatsink. Yes, it weighs more. Yes, it sounds awesome.
Avantone Pro uses a monolithic integrated circuit Class AB amplifier with wide voltage range and high current output capability. Operating in Parallel Mode with two devices ganged together to deliver higher output power into low impedance loads, allowing better thermal performance at high power. At low power, THD is a phenomenal 0.005%; at rated load it is 0.1%, yielding excellent performance at power compared to class D amps. The circuit uses a mixed bipolar MOS high voltage technology called BCDII 100/120 which avoids secondary breakdown phenomena. This technology handles high current output without unwieldy circuit complexity and external components. This makes it possible to deliver very high power in a reasonable package with the clean, smooth sound of a linear amplifier.
The system is being run at +/-40 VDC, yielding a rock solid 200WRMS at 1kHz into 8 ohms. Rather than use a switch mode power supply with the associated noise, the CLA-200A comes with a more traditional linear power supply. The power supply uses a massive old school toroidal transformer for the classic performance of an AB amplifier. Many companies use SMPS and Class D for this type of system. Avantone Pro made the decision to stay with classic technology in order to maintain the legacy sound that everybody associates with this design.
Order today and get monitors you can believe.
- System Type: Active Full-Range Two-Way Stereo Pair
- System Frequency Response: 60Hz-20,000Hz (Accessible Musical Range)
- Components: Low Frequency: AV10-MLF 18 cm Cone, High Frequency: AV10-MHF 3.5 cm Soft Dome
- Cabinet: 10.4-liter sealed design, 18 mm MDF With Real Wood Veneer
- Cabinet Dimensions: 381.5 mm x 215 mm x 197.5 mm (15” x 8-1/2” x 7-3/4 ”)
- Weight: 8.2 kg/18 lb. (Each)
- Shipping Weight: 18.5 kg/40.5 lb.
- SPL: 104dB
- Peak Musical Output: 110dB (Music Program Material)
- Amplifier: 200W Class Ab Linear Supply
- THD: 0.05% at 1kHz, 1W
- Balanced Inputs: Combination XLR & Phone Jack
- Unbalanced Input: RCA Phono Jack
- Volume: +0dB, -120dB
- VTPC: Variable Tissue Paper Control Fc 1.8kHz +6dB, -30dB
- Power: On/off Switch
- Ground Lift Switch
- Power: 115Vac/230Vac Selectable
- Power Consumption
- StandBy: 3W
- Full Output: 250W
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.