- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avantone CV-95 Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L70901 000000000 L70901000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The rugged CV-95 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant cabernet wine-red finish...Click To Read More About This Product
An incredibly affordable tube mic with a great sound
The rugged CV-95 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant cabernet wine-red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. The transformer coupled tube circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs.
The CV-95 houses a 25mm gold-sputtered 6 micron Mylar capsule. The CV-95 in its normal stock version uses high-grade polystyrene and metalized polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. This represents Avantone's commitment to quality, as these normally are the type of upgrade components that are implemented by microphone modders/hot-rodders. Any studio can proudly offer the CV-95 as a vocal mic or utility condenser due to its versatility.
The Avantone CV-95 is manufactured using the finest materials to yeild a very solid feel, with superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The classically designed CV-95 mic is able to produce professional results with a clean sonic character. The included Custom Retro Shockmount allows a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibration. This isolation allows for superior professional results. The 9 patterns allow the CV-95 to be used in a variety of situations.
The gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm has a unique high frequency response that allows recordings to cut through the mix. The cardioid pattern is generally best used on vocals and single instruments. The omni mode works well in incorporating some room sound into the track. The figure 8 pattern allows two vocalists to use the mic at the same time from opposite sides.
Call or click to order today
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Polar Pattern(s): 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1BV Power Supply
- Capsule: Dual-sided 25mm diaphragm (32mm outside diameter) center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dB
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 130dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB (A weighted EC651)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special PS-1BV Power Supply and cables
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1BV Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Wood Box
- 7-pin cable
- Metal Road Case
- PS-1BV Power Supply
- Foam Wind Screen
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm
- Weight: 1.8 lb
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.