- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avid Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from Pro Tools LE
- Write a Review
- Product H69951
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade offer is for registered owners of Pro Tools LE software. With Pro Tools 9, you'll be able to work with an even bigger and...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Explore the outer reaches of music production with the full-spectrum of the new Pro Tools platform.
This Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade offer is for registered owners of Pro Tools LE software. With Pro Tools 9, you'll be able to work with an even bigger and faster palette. You already know some of what Pro Tools can do, and now you'll have the entire Pro Tools 9 environment to play in at a significant discount. Proof of registration is necessary at time of purchase.
Please note that owners of the original Mbox or Digi 001 are not eligible for crossgrade pricing. An iLok USB Smart Key (sold separately) is required to use Pro Tools 9. Additionally, you will need to enter your iLok ID and Avid hardware interface serial number in order to activate your software. You will not be able to activate this product if you do not have these.
Pro Tools 9 redefines one of the world's most popular, most advanced music and audio production platform with a completely re-architected, open version of Pro Tools software, giving you what many users of past versions have asked for”and so much more.
Work with an audio interface”or without. Create bigger, better-sounding mixes with more tracks, Automatic Delay Compensation, and other pro features”all included as standard. Open your workflow to projects created in other audio and video software”and to the entire Avid Artist Series and Pro Series (formerly Euphonix) console/controller line. With Pro Tools 9, you can compose, record, sequence, edit, and mix the way you want in more ways than ever.
Capture Your Creativity
Work the way you want
With Pro Tools 9, you get more recording flexibility than ever. Connect mics and instruments and get multitrack audio recording capabilities when you pair Pro Tools software with your favorite Avid audio interface or third-party Core Audio- or ASIO-compatible interface. Record virtual instrument performances through a MIDI keyboard or controller, or record and create music and audio with just your computer and the software alone for ultimate portability.
Capture high-quality sound
Whether you're tracking vocals, guitars, voiceovers, sound effects, or an orchestra, or recording virtual instrument performances, enjoy great-sounding audio without compromise. Capture high-resolution audio”up to 24-bit/192kHz”when you use an Avid or third-party audio interface with Pro Tools software. And get best-in-class sound with the included groundbreaking virtual instruments.
Nail the right performance
Let your spontaneity shine. Use Loop recording to record multiple takes of a performance on the same track, one after the other, to keep things flowing when you're in the zone”great for guitar solos or voiceovers. You can also create complex drum tracks using it with MIDI Merge, enabling you to build up tracks by merging new beats into the same region with each recording pass.
Punch your way to perfection
Nobodys perfect, but with Pro Tools 9 you can create seamless performances with nondestructive QuickPunch or TrackPunch. Quickly fix mistakes in audio tracks as Pro Tools punches in and out of record mode, replacing the questionable section as you perform with the playback. For easier file management (and the truly confident) use DestructivePunch to maintain a single audio file”no matter how many punches you do.
Slow down and record comfortably
Having trouble keeping up? With Pro Tools, you can pull off technically challenging parts by slowing down the session tempo, recording the performance at a more comfortable pace, and playing it back at normal speed”Elastic Time and Pitch will keep things in tune. You can also create interesting effects recording at normal speed and then playing back at different speeds.
Stretch your creativity with Elastic Time and Pitch
Freely experiment without the time or effort investment. With Elastic Time, you can change the tempo or timing of any music or sound file”or an entire composition”on the fly, without cutting up a single sample of audio. With Elastic Pitch, you can fix wrong notes, create harmonies, and transpose regions”in real time”without altering the tempo.
Make changes on-the-fly
Forget having to manually stop and restart playback to make changes to your mix or configuration”instead, you can make many common changes on the fly in Pro Tools 9 during playback. Create and edit regions, add or remove tracks, copy inserts and sends, change I/O routing, and more”all changes will dynamically update in real time.
Craft sound with precision
Shape and fine-tune your audio, instrument, and MIDI tracks with professional, sample-accurate audio editing tools. Create a flawless performance by comping together tracks from multiple takes. Get more flexibility when importing tracks with the full Import Session Data dialog. Speed up editing with the Smart Tool. Place sounds perfectly in sync with picture. Smooth transitions with crossfades. Everything you need to perfect your tracks is available right from within a single Edit window.
Get where you need to go fast
Instantly navigate to one or more sections within your session to speed up your editing and mixing workflow. Simply set location markers at specific points in the timeline, edit selections, or even a set of track display settings, and you can quickly recall each specific location at any time with a simple keyboard shortcut, ensuring Pro Tools keeps up with your pace.
Join groups for easy editing and rearranging
Easily rearrange songs, edit loops, and make global changes across multiple tracks in one fell swoop by grouping audio and/or MIDI regions together as a Region Group. For more complex sessions with lots of automation, create VCA groups in Pro Tools HD software or Pro Tools 9 with the Complete Production Toolkit 2 option, giving you another level of gain control over groups that already have automation.
Snoop out grooves with multitrack Beat Detective
Start things off on the right beat with Beat Detective, a powerful tool that enables you to analyze and adjust timing across multiple tracks. Quickly tighten up uneven drum performances. Change up the feel or groove of a beat, and keep your rhythm section "in the pocket" by extracting the timing and groove from a drumbeat and applying that groove template to the bass part.
Unrivaled Audio Mixing
Achieve the best mixes possible automatically
Get great-sounding, phase-accurate mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC). Mix in stereo or up to 7.1 surround (with Pro Tools HD 9 or Pro Tools 9 and the Complete Production Toolkit 2 option). And automate every element in the Pro Tools environment (rather than "riding the faders" in real time) to add life and ensure the best mix”from track volumes, mute, and panning, to every plug-in parameter.
Get the sounds you want with Pro Tools plug-ins
Create better sounding mixes using the collection of included sound-processing, effects, and instrument plug-ins”you can insert up to 10 plug-ins per track. And expand your creative palette with plug-ins from Avid and our Pro Tools Development Partners for almost anything you can imagine”from instruments to EQs, compressors, reverbs, amp emulators, noise reducers, surround encoding, and more.
Grab control of your mix
You can use a mouse to make changes one at a time, or mix faster and easier using a hardware control surface. Get unrivaled, fully integrated, hands-on Pro Tools control with a choice of Avid control surfaces to fit your needs and budget, including ICON consoles and C|24; full EUCON integration with MC Mix, MC Control, MC Pro, System 5-MC, System 5, and more; and third-party control surfaces.
No instrument? No problem
Easily create parts for practically any musical instrument using great-sounding virtual instruments, a MIDI keyboard/controller or your mouse, and the built-in Pro Tools MIDI Editor. Get started with the included virtual instruments and audio loops, and expand your arsenal with virtual instruments from Avid and third-party audio designers.
Get inspired with full MIDI and compositional tools
Take your songwriting from sketchpad to final production. Assign key signatures, create and move notes, transpose pitches, build dynamics, rearrange sections, and sculpt every note to perfection in the MIDI Editor. You can also view all MIDI parameters simultaneously for easier editing. and make your mixes shine by adding effects and automation.
Notate music with the Sibelius Score Editor
Compose and print professional music scores using the Sibelius Score Editor, which offers a wide range of standard notation tools. Generate ideas quickly with realtime note placement and editing, and change the meter, key signature, and more on-the-fly. Add chord symbols and diagrams. Transcribe MIDI parts in real time. Even export sessions as Sibelius (.sib) files for further finessing in Sibelius.
Work and collaborate on music from other audio apps
Collaboration has never been easier. With Pro Tools, you can exchange sessions with any Pro Tools user or studio. But you can also edit, remix, or even revisit projects created in other audio software”such as Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer, Sonar, Live, Reason, and other third-party apps”right in Pro Tools using built-in OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support, ReWire compatibility, or MP3 export.
Create, Edit, and Mix Audio for Post
Streamline the audio/video workflow
Work faster and easier with video using professional tools”now included as standard. Easily import and export projects to and from Pro Tools through built-in OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support. Keep track of all project assets and create and share custom catalogs with the robust DigiBase Pro file management. You can seamlessly move and share projects between the editorial and mix stage, with full compatibility, using a single automation system.
Create and cut sound to picture
With Pro Tools, you can create, edit, and mix audio to picture, with sample-accurate precision, using the built-in Time Code Ruler and support for one or up to 64 video tracks. Clean up production sound, and create sound effects and elements that define (or defy) reality. Record voiceovers, Foley, and ADR with perfect-frame accuracy. Easily execute and play back edits nondestructively using single-key edit commands.
Mix stereo and surround
Easily create larger-than-life mixes that move across the stereo field using advanced automation and variable stereo pan depths.
Integrate directly into the Avid video workflow
Speed up workflow efficiency and eliminate the need for rendering effects, transcoding video, or copying Avid video files for audio post. With the Video Satellite option, you can instantly open and play Avid HD or SD video sequences in sync with your Pro Tools session (Pro Tools HD only). And because all video playback is offloaded onto a separate but synced computer, you maintain full Pro Tools audio track counts and processing power.
- Pro Tools 9.0 provides a single, unified installer for Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD
- New Pro Tools 9.0 PACE copy protection with iLok USB key (iLok key is required, but sold separately)
- Support for Core Audio hardware (including Mac built-in audio) with supported Core Audio drivers installed
- Support for ASIO hardware with supported ASIO drivers installed
New Pro Tools Playback Engine settings:
- Current Engine setting for selecting which audio engine to use
- Pro Tools Aggregate I/O option for using
- the built in audio on Mac
- Delay Compensation settings for all versions of Pro Tools
New Pro Tools Hardware settings:
- Ability to select Core Audio and ASIO interfaces
- Launch Setup Application command for Core Audio and ASIO audio interfaces
- Increased number of audio and MIDI tracks
- Increased number of internal mix busses
- New Track and Send Output selector commands for faster, simplified signal routing and mixer configuration Multiple Stereo Pan Depth options
- 7.1 and 7.0 standard HD surround formats (Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools with Complete Production Toolkit 2 only)
- Support for EUCON for controlling Pro Tools with EUCON-aware control surfaces
- Advanced Import Session Data (formerly Pro Tools HD only, or Pro Tools LE with DV Toolkit 2 or Complete Production Toolkit only)
- Import AAF and OMF sequences (formerly with the DigiTranslator 2.0 option only)
- New AAF import features and enhancements:
- Ability to import stereo AAF audio tracks
- Ability to import RTAS plug-in data from AAF sequences
- New Locators To Import setting for importing locators from Media Composer“generated AAF sequences
- Export AAF and OMF sequences (formerly with the DigiTranslator 2.0 option only)
- Avid Interplay Support with Mac
- Ability to check data into and out of Avid Interplay directly with the Interplay Access browser
- Export MP3 (formerly with the MP3 Export option only)
- Export Session as Text (formerly Pro Tools HD only)
- Session and System settings
- Output and internal mix busses
- Ability to Import I/O Settings by page
- Overlapping Paths
- Improved session interchange
- Advanced search features
- DigiBase Catalogs
- Auto-Scrolling tracks in the Mix and Edit windows
- Advanced Beat Detective features:
- Separate multiple tracks
- Collection mode
- Delay Compensation option
- Delay Compensation Engine
- Delay Compensation view
- Low Latency Monitoring During Recording
- Delay Compensation on Auxiliary Input tracks
- Delay Compensation for MIDI
- H/W Insert Delay (Compensation)
- Timebase Rulers:
- Time Code Ruler
- Secondary Time Code Ruler
- Ability to set Time Code and Feet+Frame rates
- Ability to redefine Time Code Position
- Ability to redefine Current Feet+Frames Position
- Use Subframes option for Go To command
- Pull Up and Pull Down commands:
- Audio Rate Pull Up/Down
- Video Rate Pull Up/Down
- Mic Pre Peripherals
- Mic Pre I/O Setup
- Mic PRE view
- Mic Preamp window
- Complete Production Toolkit 2
- 96 voices (simultaneous audio playback)
- 32 audio record (simultaneous)
- 64 instruments
- 512 MIDI
- 160 Aux tracks
- 256 Busses
- 1 Video
- Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC)
- Beat Detective (multitrack)
- AAF/OMF/MXF file interchange
- Core Audio/ASIO support (up to 32 channels)
- MP3 export
- Plug-in support: RTAS/AudioSuite
- Destructive Record
- Time Code Ruler
- Variable stereo pan depths
- Surround mixing (stereo only)
- Big Fish Audio 8GB sound library
- Boom drum machine and sequencer
- DB-33 tonewheel organ emulator with rotating speaker simulation
- Mini Grand acoustic grand piano
- Vacuum monophonic vacuum tube synthesizer
- Xpand!2 multitimbral synth and sample workstation
- 1-Band EQ III
- 4-Band EQ III
- 7-Band EQ III
- AIR Chorus
- AIR Distortion
- AIR Dynamic Delay
- AIR Enhancer
- AIR Ensemble
- AIR Filter Gate
- AIR Flanger
- AIR Frequency Shifter
- AIR FuzzWah
- AIR KillEQ
- AIR Lo-Fi
- AIR MultiChorus
- AIR Multi-Delay
- AIR Nonlinear Reverb
- AIR Phaser
- AIR Reverb
- AIR Spring Reverb
- AIR StereoWidth
- AIR Talkbox
- AIR Vintage Filter
- BF76 Compressor 1176 emulator
- BF Essential Clip Remover
- BF Essential Correlation Meter phase fixer
- BF Essential Meter Bridge VU metering
- BF Essential Noise Meter
- D-Verb reverb and ambience
- DC Offset Removal
- Eleven Free (guitar amp emulator based on Eleven)
- Extra Long Delay II
- Lo-Fi retro processing
- Long Delay II
- Maxim sound maximizer
- Medium Delay II
- Multi-Tap Delay
- Ping-Pong Delay
- Pitch Shift
- POWr Dither
- Recti-Fi harmonic synthesis
- SansAmp tube amp simulator
- Sci-Fi ring modulator
- Signal Generator
- Short Delay II
- Slap Delay II
- Time Compression Expansion
- Time Shift time/pitch stretching
- TL AutoPan panning effects
- TL InTune digital tuner
- TL MasterMeter oversampling meter
- TL Metro versatile metronome
- Vari-Fi speed shifter
- Mbox (3rd gen.) / Mbox 2
- Mbox Mini (3rd gen.) / Mbox 2 Mini
- Mbox Pro (3rd gen.) / Mbox 2 Pro
- 003 / Digi 002
- 003 Rack
- 003 Rack+
- Digi 002
- Digi 002 Rack
- Eleven Rack
- Any 3rd-party Core Audio- or ASIO-compatible interface
- EUCON-enabled MC Mix
- ICON D-Control ES
- Any 3rd-party analog or digital surface that supports the HUI protocol
- Must be a registered owner of Pro Tools LE
- Computer: Avid-qualified Apple computer
- System Software: Snow Leopard: Mac OS X 10.6.2, 10.6.3, or 10.6.4 (32 or 64-bit)*
- Total System RAM: 2GB minimum, 4GB or more recommended
- *Pro Tools 9 has not been qualified with Mac OS X 10.6.5 (released November 10, 2010)
- Computer: Avid-qualified Windows-based computer
- System Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32 or 64-bit)
- Total System RAM: 2GB minimum, 4GB or more recommended
- Avid Audio Interfaces and Peripherals
- Audio Drive Requirements: One or More Hard Disk Drives Dedicated for Audio Record and Playback
- System Hard Drive: Minimum 15GB free space on startup drive required for Pro Tools installation
- Graphics Card: Dedicated Graphics Card highly recommended
- Video Peripherals
- Third Party Audio Interfaces