Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Avid S4 8 Control Surfacetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Compact, professional, semi-modular control surface.
Accelerate Your MixThe Avid S4 lets you create better mixes with more precision than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. The S4 control surface boosts your tracking, editing and mixing efficiency. It gives you direct, hands-on control over a host of software functions, parameters and project navigation.
Multiple DAW ControlLike the S6, the S4 is built with EUCON technology, giving you deep, unmatched DAW integration to access and control Pro Tools, Nuendo, Logic Pro and other audio and video software right from its touchscreen and surface—even two different applications simultaneously. You can even mix tracks from two different DAWs simultaneously, enabling hybrid mixing.
Comprehensive Monitor ControlEasily assign and control talkback, listenback, and speaker sources and levels right from the surface. Handle everything from simple cue mixes for music recording, to monitoring immersive audio projects.
Customizable SurfaceWith its compact, semi-modular design, S4 meets your workflow needs without dominating studio space. You can configure S4 with up to 24 faders—plus three module options that offer dual joysticks, PEC/Direct controls or additional knobs.
Create Incredible Mixes With ConfidenceS4 supports up to four optional Display Modules, providing extensive visual feedback of your session. From channel meters, groups, EQ curves, and automation data, to scrolling high-res Pro Tools waveforms—which can be edited right from the surface—you gain better insight into every aspect of your session.
Create Dolby Atmos Mixes With EaseExperience the most efficient, hands-on Dolby Atmos mixing workflows in the industry when paired with Pro Tools | Ultimate, providing extensive integration for faster turnaround. Plus, its compact size makes it easy to outfit smaller rooms for surround sound audio.
Redefine your mixing experience with the S4 control surface today.
S4 8 Control Surface Specifications:
- Maximum faders: Up to 24 (single operator only)
- Fader quality: Standard ALPS faders
- Master Modules: One S4 Master Touch Module and one Automation Module
- Control surface expansion: Semi-modular; build a surface with up to three Channel Strip Modules, four Display Modules, and up to three optional modules (Joystick, Post, and/or Attention Knob Modules)
- Knobs per channel: Four
- Frame: Preassembled fixed-size frame (tabletop only)
- Simultaneous workstation connections: Up to two
- Function assignments: Assign functions in the integrated Channel Strip Module
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.