- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BBE MaxCom Dual-Channel Compressor
- Write a Review
- #180936 000000000 180936000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Much more than a high-quality compressor/limiter, the BBE MaxCom Dual-Channel Compressor is the first signal processor of its kind to feature an onbo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Adds clean, clear punch to live and recorded mixes.
Much more than a high-quality compressor/limiter, the BBE MaxCom Dual-Channel Compressor is the first signal processor of its kind to feature an onboard BBE Sonic Maximizer for enhanced clarity and definition. Both its compression and gating provide versatility and excellent sonic performance without producing undesirable processing artifacts. Includes 2 independent, full-featured compressor/limiters, with each channel having independent controls for Threshold, Compression Ratio, Attack Time, and Release Time. The stereo link allows for phase-coherent tracking of stereo signals and adjustment from the Channel One controls. Comprehensive metering is achieved via dual bar graph meters on each channel that indicate Input Level and Gain Reduction. Its intuitive design makes the BBE MaxCom easy to operate.
The BBE Process--"What it Is"
Loudspeakers have difficulty working with the electronic signals supplied by an amplifier. These difficulties cause such major phase and amplitude distortion that the sound reproduced by the speaker differs significantly from the sound produced by the original source.
In the past, these problems proved unsolvable and were thus relegated to a position of secondary importance in audio system design. However, phase and amplitude integrity is essential to accurate sound reproduction. Research shows that the information which the listener translates into the recognizable characteristics of a live performance are intimately tied into complex time and amplitude relationships between the fundamental and harmonic components of a given musical note or sound. These relationships define a sound's "sound".
When these complex relationships pass through a speaker, the proper order is lost. The higher frequencies are delayed. A lower frequency may reach the listener's ear first or perhaps simultaneously with that of a higher frequency. In some cases, the fundamental components may be so time-shifted that they reach the listener's ear ahead of some or all of the harmonic components.
This change in the phase and amplitude relationship on the harmonic and fundamental frequencies is technically called "envelope distortion." The listener perceives this loss of sound integrity in the reproduced sound as "muddy" and "smeared." In the extreme, it can become difficult to tell the difference between musical instruments, for example, an oboe and a clarinet.
BBE Sound, Inc. conducted extensive studies of numerous speaker systems over a ten year period. With this knowledge, it became possible to identify the characteristics of an ideal speaker and to distill the corrections necessary to return the fundamental and harmonic frequency structures to their correct order. While there are differences among various speaker designs in the magnitude of their correction, the overall pattern of correction needed is remarkably consistent.
The BBE Process is so unique that 42 patents have been awarded by the U.S. Patent Office.
- 2 channel compressor/expander unit with gate function
- BBE Sonic Maximizer adds clarity and definition
- Auto mode for easy setup
- Dual bar-graph meters for input level and gain reduction
- Stereo link for phase-coherent stereo compression
- Dynamically controlled, program adaptive gate for noiseless and seamless operation
- Peak limiter to protect from clipping
- Inputs and Outputs via balance XLR or unbalanced 1/4" jacks
- Key in and out via 1/4" TRS
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- THD.: Less than .05%
- S/N ratio: More than 94dB
- Threshold: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Compression ratio: 1:1 to 11:1
- Attack time: 0.1-200ms
- Gate threshold: Off to +10dBu
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.