- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Behringer TRUTH B1030A Active Reference Monitor Pair
- Write a Review
- Product 583379
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Behringer designed the B1030A Reference Monitor to speak nothing but the TRUTH. When it comes to your studio recordings, you want the kind of honesty...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High-resolution, active 2-way reference studio monitor with 5.25" Kevlar woofer.
Behringer designed the B1030A Reference Monitor to speak nothing but the TRUTH. When it comes to your studio recordings, you want the kind of honesty these Behringer monitors deliver. B1030A TRUTH Monitors also sound great hooked up to your stereo or your video surround system, but they were really built with studio work in mind”where every note you play or sing is under the microscope.
Built on a Legacy
Behringer's TRUTH B2030A and B2031A monitors have been so wildly successful that thousands upon thousands of them have been sold to some of the most critical ears on the planet”ears that demand the neutral sound of a true reference monitor. Ask any recording engineer and they will tell you that listening to a recording on just a single set of monitors doesn't always paint an accurate picture of the mix. Since people listen to music at home, in their cars, on MP3 players, etc., it is critical your final mix be heard on as many sizes and types of speakers as possible. That's another reason Behringer created these smaller B1030A monitors”plus, they make ideal rear channel speakers for surround sound applications.
Years of R&D
For the past 2 years Behringer's Research and Development team has been on a mission to create the perfect studio monitor. Since TRUTH B2031A monitors had already become an industry standard, their acoustic engineers decided to start there and see just how far they could push the envelope. They tried a variety of transducers and enclosure designs, along with existing and emerging technologies. When all the dust settled, they chose to deploy an ultrahigh resolution 1" dome tweeter and a long-throw 5.25" Kevlar-coned woofer in the B1030A.
Kevlar has an incredible strength-to-weight ratio ” that's one reason it's used in bulletproof vests. Kevlar gives the LF transducer the strength to handle the extremely high-energy levels required for distortion-free, chest-pounding bass. And since they have such low mass, Kevlar speaker cones also respond much more quickly than those made of paper, important for not only maintaining bass content integrity, but critical for midrange accuracy and definition. Behringer's Kevlar transducers reproduce even the subtlest nuance of the low-frequency realm without muddying the midrange.
Power to the People
It takes quite a bit more than just a bulletproof woofer and a high-tech tweeter stuck inside a fancy box to make a studio monitor of this class. It also takes power ” and lots of it. But even more importantly, that power has to be matched to the individual high- and low-frequency transducers. While some companies are content to stick whatever speakers they have on the shelf into haphazardly designed boxes and then strap on a one-size-fits-all amplifier package, Behringer builds every single component from the ground up. They pack 75W of biamped technology (including a time- and phase-corrected active crossover) into every B1030A, ensuring that you have the enormous power reserves you'll need to drive them really hard.
Designed to Work in Your Environment
The ideal environment for listening is a room that is flat, neither too reflective (echoes) nor too absorptive (where the sound is muffled). Since all rooms are not the same acoustically, all TRUTH monitors come equipped to function in a wide variety of situations. Switches are provided to adapt the monitor's low- and high-frequency characteristics for optimal performance specific to your listening environment.
Placement is also critical. Ideally, all loudspeakers should be placed away from walls to ensure proper bass response. But fear not, B1030A monitors feature Room Compensation switches so you can place them against walls, or even in corners. Walls tend to enhance low-frequency content, and corners exaggerate bass even more, but your TRUTH monitor can be custom-tailored to provide honest bass response for your situation, with the simple flick of a switch or two.
Non-fatiguing, Wide "Sweet Spot"
While some of our competitors' studio monitors have a highly focused "sweet spot" (the optimal listening position for a pair of loudspeakers), our wave-guide is designed to create a much more generous, broader listening zone. That means you won't wear a hole in the carpet in that one spot where everything sounds great. You are free to move around inside the stereo image to find the ideal spot in the mix for subtle instrument or effects placement opportunities.
You also won't suffer the ravages of "monitor-fatigue-syndrome," an ailment that comes from listening to harsh high-mids and treble content for hours on end ” a pretty important consideration for those all-night mixdown sessions that can really test your nerves.
What's Up with the RCA Connectors?
Yes, it is a bit unconventional to put RCA sockets on a studio monitor ” but why not? Now you can connect B1030A loudspeakers to your computer, MP3 player or television receiver for amazing sonic performance. For a truly versatile setup, use one of our USB audio interfaces (the UCA222, for example) to connect to/from your computer. This convenient setup allows you to monitor your recording projects, and mix and master them directly from your computer. And you can place these speakers right next to your video monitor, thanks to B1030A's internal magnetic shielding.
- Ultra-linear studio monitor with true active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with active protection circuits: 50W for LF/25W for HF
- Ultrahigh resolution, ferrofluid-cooled 1" dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Long-throw 5.25" woofer with deformation-resistant Kevlar cone for ultimate bass response
- Ultimate dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to advanced wave guide technology
- High-precision crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions
- Separately controlled limiter for low and high frequency overload protection
- Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors
- "Planet Earth" power supply for maximum flexibility (100-240V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, 1/4" and unbalanced RCA connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- XLR connector: servo-balanced input
- 1/4" TRS: servo-balanced input
- RCA: servo-balanced input
- Input impedance: 10 kOhms
- Input Trim: ”6dB to +6dB
- Max. input level: +22dBu
- High-frequency driver: Ultra-high resolution 1" dome tweeter
- Low-frequency driver: 6-3/4" diameter Kevlar diaphragm
- RMS @ 0.1 % THD (sine wave): 35W @ 4 ohms
- Peak power: 50W @ 4 ohms
- RMS @ 0.1 % THD (sine wave): 15W @ 4 ohms
- Peak power: 25 W @ 4 ohms
- Type: Active
- Crossover frequency: 4.3KHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz to 20kHz
- Sound pressure level: max. 110dB SPL@1m(pair)
- Low Frequency: 0dB @ 60Hz, ”2dB @ 60Hz, ”4dB @ 60Hz, ”6dB @ 60Hz
- Room Compensation: 0dB @ 300Hz, ”2dB @ 300Hz, ”4dB @ 300Hz, ”6dB @ 300Hz
- High Frequency: +2dB @ 8kHz, 0dB @ 8kHz, ”2dB @ 8kHz, ”4dB @ 8kHz
- 90 - 254V, 50/60Hz T 1.6 A H 250V
- B1030A: 100W
- 100 - 120V, 50/60Hz max. 1.0 A
- 220 - 230V, 50/60Hz max. 0.5 A
- B1030A: Standard IEC connector
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 288 mm x 198 mm x 280 mm
- Weight: 5.5 kg