- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Black Lion Audio B173 500 Series Mic Preamp / DI
- Write a Review
- #L10622 000000000 L10622000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Imagine the extended low end, creamy mids and polished high end sound of a classic 1073, in a 500 Series format that's a fraction of the price. That'...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
500 Series preamp module with Hi-Z input.
Imagine the extended low end, creamy mids and polished high end sound of a classic 1073, in a 500 Series format that's a fraction of the price. That's what you get with Black Lion Audios B173 Preamp / DI 500 Series module. The preamp and line amp circuitry found in the B173 500 is identical to the original B173. Not a single component or design feature was compromised while converting it to a smaller package. As a result, the circuit boards are jam packed with all sorts of delicious components, including a brawny Cinemag input transformer.
The power supply is the backbone of any preamp design, and can make a huge impact on the overall sound and performance of the preamp. The +24V rail needed to power the B173 500 is painstakingly converted from the +/- 16V rails of a 500 series rack using a custom DC-DC converter circuit specially designed to keep any unwanted noise or modulations out of the signal path. Complete isolation is then achieved through the use of inductors, ferrite beads, decoupling capacitors, power regulation, and a custom enclosure surrounding the entire circuit. The B173 500’s “Class A”, discrete circuitry combined with high-end components provide a fresh approach to a classic sound that won’t disappoint.
- 500 Series format (500 series rack required for use)
- Cinemag Input Transformer
- Edcor Output Transformer
- 80dB Gain
- Hi-Z Input (passive, unbalanced)
- Phantom Power
- Phase Switch
- Output Attenuator
A classic sound in a modern package, put the B173 in your signal chain today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.