- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BSS Audio DPR-404 Quad compressor De-esser
- Product 186306
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DPR-404from BSS Audio is a compact and professional 4-channel compressor and de-esser. Based on the well established BSS subtractive gain reducti...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
With ease of operation and low cost, without sacrificing quality and musicality.
The DPR-404from BSS Audio is a compact and professional 4-channel compressor and de-esser. Based on the well established BSS subtractive gain reduction principle, it offers you four independent channels of high quality, musical compression and high frequency de-essing, with the minimum of operator controls.
Attack and release time constants are automatically and continually regulated by dynamic and harmonic content of program material. The DPR-404 features electronically balanced inputs and outputs. The DPR-404 was designed to be quick and easy to operate by both skilled and novice engineers alike.
- 30dB of gain reduction using BSS proprietary subtractive approach.
- Fully adjustable soft knee ratio up to 20:1 hard limit.
- Automatic adjustment of time constants with two user definable ranges.
- Output gain adjustment control with LED clip indicator. BSS proprietary
- activity meter showing below threshold signal level, gain reduction and
- usable range.
- Bypass in/out switching with LED indicator. Independent high frequency de-
- esser threshold control and tuneable filter allows selective de-essing
- simultaneously with compression.
- Twin LEDs show de-ess activity.
- Link switching allows adjacent channels to be linked for accurate stereo
- One DPR-404 can be selected to process two stereo channels, or one stereo
- channel and two independent mono channels, or four independent mono
- Compressor side chain insert on rear panel 1/4" RTS jack.
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs with optional transformer
- Impedance: Balanced 12k ohm differential
- Max. Input Level: + 20dBv
- CMRR: better than 50dB, 20Hz to 20Khz
- Connector: XLR331 or equivalent
- Impedance: Balanced and floating to drive 600 ohm loads.
- Max. Output Level: +20dBv into 600 Ohm load.
- Connector: XLR332 or equivalent.
- Frequency Response: + 1DB, 20Khz, ultrasonic low pass filter 3db at 32kHz.
- Noise: Measured to CCIR 4682, <-86dBv.
Distortion: THD <0.05%, 20Hz to 20kHz.
SMPTE IM: <0.02%.
Crosstalk: <90dB, 20Hz to 20kHz.
- De-ess Frequency: Variable from 10kHz to 10kHz, dynamic HF shelf turnover frequency.
- De-ess Threshold: Variable from +20dBv to 30dBv, independent of compressor/limiter settings
- Threshold: Variable between +20dBv and 30dBv
- Ratio: Variable from 1:1 to infinity:1 (LIMIT) progressive soft to hard knee characteristic
- Attack: Program dependent, auto time constant. Nominal 200microsec (30 microsec FAST) for 10% response, and nominal 2ms (300 microsec FAST) for 63% response.
- Release: Program dependant, 2 part auto time constant. Nominal 10ms (2ms FAST) to 63% recovery after 4ms overdrive 10db above threshold, and nominal 1s (300ms FAST) to 63% recovery after 40ms overdrive 10dB above threshold.
- Gain: Variable from 20dB to +20dB
- Link: Stereo linkable in pairs 1/2 and 3/4 Channels 1 and 3 become masters
- Gain Reducton: 8 point LED display showing progressive gain reduction from right to left calibrated in dB's.
- Below Threshold: 5 points LED display showing sidechain level below and up to threshold.
- Clip: Single LED showing onset of channel clip.
- Size: 482mm x 44mm x 282mm (19" x 1.75" x 11").
- Weight: 5kg (11lbs) gross shippin
- Electricity Supply: Switched 120/240V +10% 20% 50/60Hz