- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
CARTEC Audio PRE-Q5 API 500 Series Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H85975 000000000 H85975000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The CARTEC PRE-Q5 is a high-quality, transformer-based microphone preamp for the API 500 series format that incorporates a passive inductor equalizer...Click To Read More About This Product
Transformer-based mic preamp/passive EQ for API 500 Series.
The CARTEC PRE-Q5 is a high-quality, transformer-based microphone preamp for the API 500 series format that incorporates a passive inductor equalizer, and a balanced output attenuator. The filter circuit is identical to the CARTEC EQP-1A, but with the extra gain stage and transformers required to create a high-performance preamplifier. The output transformer is followed be a fully balanced stepped attenuator (constant impedance T-pad) to allow saturation of the output transformer while controlling the output level (allowing you to really drive the PRE-Q5 without clipping the next item in your signal chain). In combination with the High/Low frequency EQ, this gives the Pre a lot of tonal variety without any complicated circuitry or added phase distortion. Just a nice simple featured Preamp with a classic vibe. The Line level switch allows all of the features to be used both during tracking and mixing. You could send pre-recorded material to the EQ section or use the combination of the EQ and transformer saturation to enhance synths or any existing sounds.
- 10 to 65dB stepped gain (line pad -25dB)
- Mic or line level input, and switched bridged-T output attenuator
- Custom wound inductor and input/output transformers
- Pultec type low frequency boost @ 100, 60, or 30Hz
- Inductor high frequency boost @ 16, 12, or 8kHz
- Twin gain stage design, including the passive Pultec filter circuit
- Relay switching, two discrete op-amps
Purify the signal path of your API 500 series rack.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.