- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Cerwin-Vega AB36CX Afterburner Folded Horn Subwoofer
- Write a Review
- Product H69832
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AB-36CX "Afterburner" is a highly advanced design that incorporates Cerwin-Vega's 50 years of experience in building some of the industry's best-...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
With advanced Stroker Technology for clean and massive low end.
The AB-36CX "Afterburner" is a highly advanced design that incorporates Cerwin-Vega's 50 years of experience in building some of the industry's best-known subwoofers. Its design makes it ideal for use in the most demanding environments where pure bass power is the goal, such as installations, live sound, mobile DJs, and club applications. The "X" at the end of the model number signifies that this enclosure is painted rather than carpeted, which has the advantage of being easier to clean or touch up after events.
With six and a half feet of folded horn chamber length in the cabinet, the new AB-36CX Folded Horn Subwoofer has bass frequency extension similar to a 36" driver with even more SPL performance.
In addition, the curved horn mouth bracing provides a smoother frequency response and the enhanced front corner bracing offers extra durability.
The AB-36CX features Stroker Technology for increased power handling, decreased distortion, and radial cooling fins. Stroker is a collection of Cerwin-Vega-pioneered technologies that when combined together, improve reliability and power handling to a speaker driver while reducing distortion. A striking die cast door has improved heat dissipation capabilities and sports a "Stroker 18" metal badge.
Stroker reinforces critical structures of the woofer and improves the transfer of heat away from the speaker components. This is one of the reasons why Cerwin-Vega subwoofers and folded horns play louder and take more abuse than competing products.
Stoker Technology features
Double inverted spider cancels non-linearities for smooth excursion performance
Upper and lower shorting rings reduce driver distortion as well as provide enhanced cooling of the voice coil
Steel Tube used for 21" driver bracing and venting for greater cooling capacity
The stroker pole serves as the third spider support and a heatsink to dissapate heat from the voice coil
The third spider provides another plane of support for extremely reliable performance and high SPL levels
High carbon fiber content in cone provides enhanced strength, toughness and rigidity
- Newly designed 18" woofer with Stroker technology for increased output and reduced distortion
- Improved power handling to 1600 w
- Radial cooling fins located outside the aluminum Stroker pole, increase cooling and improve the TS-42's efficiency
- Stroker pole is vented out the back of the back plate for improved voice coil cooling
- Aluminum cooling ring above voice coil gap for improved heat transfer from the voice coil, providing improved power handling and reduced compression
- Stroker technology adds a third plane of suspension eliminating cone rocking and allows increased excursion while maintaining a tight gap that provides higher sensitivity The six magnet sections and the tunnels located between them, provide cooling below the top plate
- Rugged new die cast door provides improved heat dissipation & displays Stroker metal badge
- New curved horn mouth bracing for smoother frequency response
- Steel front corner bracing to improve cabinet strength
- Extra handles, ergonomic balanced design, and larger casters for easy handling
- Painted finish
- Frequency Response: -3db 40 Hz - 310 Hz / -10db 33 Hz - 350 Hz
- Power Capacity: 800W (RMS) 1600 Peak
- Recommended Power: 1200 w - 1600 w @ 8 ohms
- Input Connectors: ¼" Phono, Speakon
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 108 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB
- Weight: 156.3 lbs / 70.9 kg
- Dimensions: (HxWxD)
- 36" x 24" x 36"
- 91.4 cm x 61 cm x 91.4 cm