- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Chameleon Labs 500 Series 581 Class AB Microphone Preamp
- Write a Review
- H83879 000000000 H83879000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Chameleon Labs Model 581 is a discrete Class AB 500 series microphone preamplifier module, with an extraordinary sonic signature at an amazing pr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Incredible, warm sound from this well priced 500 series microphone preamp.
The Chameleon Labs Model 581 is a discrete Class AB 500 series microphone preamplifier module, with an extraordinary sonic signature at an amazing price point. Its clarity and incredibly solid low end is reminiscent of renowned classic designs. Rich, warm, and musical, the 581 provides detailed results by employing classic circuit design, polystyrene capacitors, hand selected components and custom wound transformers, Chameleon Labs ensures that the Model 581 will exhibit classic audio sound. It is also designed to comply with any 500 series powered chassis approved by the API VPR Alliance
- Discrete Class AB Circuit
- API 500 series compatible card
- Powered by CPS-501 Powered Chassis or any 500 series compatible power supply
- Fully balanced transformer mic input, which can be upgraded to a vintage style Carnhill unit
- Transformer balanced output
- 300 Ohms or 1.2K Ohms mic input selector
- 48VDC phantom power selector
- Hi-Z Direct Input for instruments on the front panel
- Output level control functions as a fader when going straight to D.A.W. or tape
- LED illuminated push buttons for visual confirmation
- LED Metering (Power, Signal, +4dB, Peak)
Add this amazing mic preamp to your 500 series powered chassis today!
- Microphone Input Impedance: 300Î or 1,200Î
- Microphone Amplifier Gain: +25 dB to +80 dB in 5 dB steps
- Output Impedance: 100Î Noise: -115.5 dB
- Maximum Output: +26 dB into 600Î
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20 kHz +/- 1 dB.
- Weight: 2.8lb.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 1.5" x 5.25"
- Depth to Rear of Mounting Surface: 5.938" =/- 0.02"
- Power Requirements: +/- 16 V @ ‰¤ 130 ma, +48 V @ 5 ma
- One-year warranty
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.