- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod Mic/Line Pre Amp
- Write a Review
- #L18653 000000000 L18653000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 7603 XMod preamp provides a diverse set of functions making it a flexible unit for creative recording applications. It incorporates a full r...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Chameleon’s flagship pre-amplifier with a different character and sound from the regular 7603.
The 7603 XMod preamp provides a diverse set of functions making it a flexible unit for creative recording applications. It incorporates a full range of traditional features as well as some not commonly seen on other pre-amps. Displaying the same high dynamics and low distortion as the "vanilla" 7603, the 7603-
XMod simply provides a different character to the sound of the pre-amplifier.
The XMod features EQ stages with four different available adjustments—Variable High Pass, Low-Frequency Shelving, Mid Frequency and High-Frequency Shelving. It has the same inductor-based topology that made its predecessor, the 7602, so popular, however, it now comes with discrete amps that drive the signal through a set of inductors to provide a musical tone to your recorded source.
- High resolution, low noise discrete audio circuitry
- Hi-Z Direct Instrument Input (TRS)
- Discrete Class A Electronic Topology
- Three band, inductor based EQ
- 48V phantom power for mic input
- Selectable 300Ω or 1200Ω Mic Input Impedance
- Custom VU meter (input/output) with calibrated ballistics
- Relay-based selection of Line / Mic & DI Inputs
- Overload input and output indicators
- Reverse Phase Switch
- Universal, onboard power supply
Call or click to order
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.