- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Chandler Germ 500 MKII 500-Series Preamplifier
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J07340 000000000 J07340000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Using all discrete circuits that combine Chandler's best designs with the hottest designs from the past, transformer balanced everything, and the Ame...Click To Read More About This Product
Chandler's famed Germanium Premamp in a 500-series format.
Using all discrete circuits that combine Chandler's best designs with the hottest designs from the past, transformer balanced everything, and the American handmade quality you expect from Chandler, the 500 Series Modules will take your lunchbox or rack system to the next level.
The Germ 500 MKII is an updated version of the original Germ 500. This unit has an improved faceplate layout and nicer look. It uses classic germanium transistors in all Class A, transformer balanced circuits. The Germ 500 MKII is the well-known Germanium Preamp adapted for 500 series racks. Chandler used the same transformers and amp blocks to assure the sound is consistent with the rack version, and they've updated the power on the MKII so there no known power-up issues with current lunchboxes and rack systems.
All Chandler 500 series units have now been tested and proven to have no power issues in the following racks: API 500V 10-slot with L200 PSU; API 500-6B Lunchbox; API 500-6B HC "new version" Lunchbox; BAE 11-slot with power one supply; BAE 6-slot portable with power one supply; BAE 6-slot with Avedis designed supply; A-Designs 2-slot; Purple Sweet 10; and Empirical Labs 2-slot.
- FORMAT: 500 Series
- CHANNELS: Mono
- CIRCUIT: Class A, Discrete, Transistor
- GAIN: -5db to +65db
- I/O: 500 Series Enclosure
- Mic Input: Transformer Balanced, Input Impedance: 300 Ohm
- DI: 1/4? Unbalanced, Input Impedance: 100k
- PHANTOM POWER: +48v
Put the Germ 500 MKII in your signal's path today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.